June 2012

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Delaware and such

The end of December yielded more time to play together and one more exciting trip for our family. We went to Delaware! I have a goal to visit all 50 states (certain stipulations apply as to what it means to have the state checked off my list). Well, I have visited 36 now and am on my way! On December 29th, we drove to Wilmington, Delaware and took a tour of Winterthur - the 175-room DuPont family estate. No, we did not get to see all 175 rooms (that would have taken forever!), but we got a glimpse at what Christmas was like during different time periods. We also got to play at a kids garden on the family estate. Too bad it was freezing outside, or we could have stayed all day! But, it was a good time - despite the traffic we had to endure on our way home. I am so thankful that my husband wants to help me do the things I want to do - even if we spend more time getting there and back than actually visiting the place. :) You're the best, Tys!

No, not in Delaware, but Aria is just so cute! December 27th

She finally looks like she is gaining a little weight!

Her looks keep changing on me, but I still think she looks like Reed. 

The kids listening to Grandma read "The Night Before Christmas" on a recorded book!

They listen daily - multiple times :) December 27th
Wilmington, Delaware!

On our way to the garden area

Aria was so happy to be there :)

Eve, of course, had to touch everything (which is good because it was meant to be touched)

Reed went to touch the frog as well

Inside a giant nest!

They even had kid-sized chairs

A hollowed out tree! We called it the witches' house
Inside the mansion
This tree is entirely out of dried flowers - it was stunning!
Other fun things we did at the end of  December:
Coloring on the new easel - December 30th 

Aria showing off in her Christmas hat from Grandma Rowberry
I love this video of Aria talking and just being cute! December 27th 

At Winterthur in the children's garden - so awesome! 


No comments: