June 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mount Vernon at Christmas

 I love going to Mount Vernon at near Christmas because they have a live camel! George Washington brought in a live camel every Christmas, so they still do! I just think that is awesome! I wish I could bring in a live camel for Christmas. Instead, we just go and visit Aladdin (the camel) at George Washington's estate - it's a little bigger than our 2-bedroom apartment. So, this was part of our day 3 of Christmas Fun! We had such a fun morning at Mount Vernon. It was great weather and there were very few people there. It was a great day to be outside enjoying the sunshine and all the fun things at Mount Vernon!

I just love the Christmas trees - so beautiful!

This is Aladdin, the camel.

He mostly just sat there this time.

The kids loved him!
 I learned something new - every year the President of the United States pardons a turkey every Thanksgiving. This year it was a turkey named Liberty. It was actually the prettiest turkey I have ever seen - I can't remember what gender, but I will dub Liberty a girl. She was all white!
There was also Liberty, the turkey. 

Hiding from the camera. 
 We, of course, toured the homestead. We even got to go to the 3rd floor, which is a rare occasion. Since there is only one way up and down, they can only open the 3rd floor on the slower tourist days. We chose a great day to come!



 One of my favorite parts about the home is the row of chairs in the back. I love the chairs and the view of the Potomac River. Everyone else seemed to like it as well.

Chairs are so much fun!

Even Aria loved sitting with me in the chair. 

The view from the chairs!

The back of the house. 

Just love the view :)


The kids had a great time playing on the grass. 


Aria was being so cute with daddy! (Many pictures to follow)





It was a great time at Mount Vernon - everyone played hard and had a great time! The kids also loved seeing the sheep, chickens, and all the other animals, even though they are not pictured. Merry Christmas from Mount Vernon!

No comments: