June 2012

Monday, January 16, 2012

Preschool Week 2

The Wednesday after Thanksgiving (November 30th) I taught preschool again. We go in 2-week cycles this year. Anyways, our topic was on sharing and service! It was a great time! Here is what the kids did as they were waiting for everyone to show up:
Books are always a hit!
 I love how they all loved looking at books! It was cute to hear them "read" the story. Their minds are so creative! We also did some work sheets on our number of the week (6) and shape of the week (diamond).


Our letter of the week was L/l. We took sticks and glued them on a paper to make the letters. Some of the kids were concerned that the paper was too small for 2 popsicle sticks, but we worked it out. The did a fantastic job making the letters!



We read some books and talked a lot about sharing. I had each of the kids bring a toy from home that they would not mind sharing. We played a game where the kids sat in a circle and shared their toys. They passed the toy to the person next to them and that person got to play with it for a minute. Each child had a toy every time the toys were passed, it was just not their own toy. I think this made the sharing a little bit easier. We also established that rule that if you didn't want to play with a specific toy when it was your turn, you didn't have to. However, you were not allowed to kick it or whine that you didn't want it. You just placed the toy on the floor until your turn with that toy was over. It was a pretty fun game!

We also talked about ways we could be nice to our moms and our families. The kids came up with some really great ideas:

"I can pick up my toys."
"I can eat my dinner."
"I can be nice to my brother."
"I can share my toys."
"I can give her hugs and kisses."
"I can help her cook."
and some other great ideas! We talked about how you can serve and share with your hands and then made special flowers out of our hands! It was great fun!
One side says serve

The other side says share

No comments: