June 2012

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Aria's Stats

Little Miss Aria is such a cutie! She has gotten over the crying tons. I had to eliminate dairy and soy from my diet again, but it is worth it just for her to be happy. She also does not really like chocolate or broccoli, and I am a little wary of peanuts so am avoiding those for the time being. She just has a sensitive stomach - kind of like her daddy. But, she is growing fine and things are looking up! Here are the stats from the various doctor's appointments we went to in October and November:

October 12 - Weight: 8 pounds, 6 oz. (5%); Height: 22 inches (30%), Head: 14 3/4 inches (25%)
October 19 - Weight: 9 pounds, 2 oz. (yes, she gained that much weight in just one week)
October 26 - Weight: 9 pounds, 7 oz.
November 14 - Weight: 10 pounds, 0 oz. (settling in around 10%)

Things were a bit crazy. I had eliminated dairy and she was already much less fussy than before the elimination. But, I kept seeing bright red blood in her stools. At first, I just thought it was an every once-in-a-while thing (which is not that abnormal, apparently). Poor Aria had a rectal exam at her appointment on October 26th, but nothing was found (they were thinking possibly a fissure or hemorrhoids) due to the blood. I decided to track how often it happened.  Turns out she was having blood in her diapers 3 or 4 days a week (usually more than once in that day)! So, when I went in to 14th, I told the doctor that I was going off soy and he agreed with me. He also gave me a list of other things to eliminate if things didn't improve. Luckily, eliminating dairy and soy completely elminated the blood issues as well. The other foods I mentioned just give her gas, so I avoid them.

Anyways, things are calming down and Aria is now crying for normal things: boredom, poopy diapers, soaked diapers, or getting mauled by her brother and sister. It is such a different cry that is almost music to my ear because I know she is not in constant pain! Thank goodness :) Here she is on November 22, 2011!



Look at me sitting up!

Bathtime is always fun!

No comments: