June 2012

Monday, January 23, 2012

Christmas Fun - Day 1

Tyson had work off starting December 20th and went back January 3rd. We were all excited to have daddy home for a while! Our main goal during this holiday season was to not be so stressed. Having 3 children has stressed me out. I think it is mostly due to the fact that Aria was fussier than the rest, then the whole not gaining weight, me changing my diet, not sleeping as much, and not being able to spend as much time as I would have liked with Reed and Eve. It was all just pretty overwhelming for a while. I found myself being meaner than I meant to be and unable to cope as well (I know this is directly related to not sleeping through the night and being tired). So, we wanted to take it a little bit easy this Christmas and New Year's. We decided to do one holiday thing each day and more, if we wanted to and it wasn't stressful. It worked pretty well. Here is what we did on December 20th - Tyson's first day home from work!

Decorating a rice krispies house: They loved watching him mix the rice krispies and put them in the molds that came in the box. Tyson glued it all together with the frosting (but it kind of slid) and then came the decorating. The kids showed daddy where to put the different pieces of candy, while they ate more than they should have. But, it was fun!





I find it nearly impossible to get everyone to look at the same time. 

See what I mean? I guess 2 out of 3 is not bad. 

1 comment:

shiloh said...

A rice crispies house is a brilliant idea and I'm definitely using it next Christmas. Gingerbread is just disgusting and graham cracker houses aren't quite as fun. Thanks for the idea!