June 2012

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas Fun - Day 3, Part 2

The second part of day 3 (December 22nd) was much more stressful and, in hindsight, we probably just should have waited for another day to go. We went to see the Christmas lights at the Temple. It was a little bit of poor planning because we left during rush hour and had to sit in a lot of traffic. I didn't take a nap (even though I needed one) and was very grouchy. The kids were grouchy because we were in the car for so long. Aria was being grouchy from hunger and just getting bored. So, it started off rough and stressful.

We got there and Tyson left with Reed and Eve. I was going to feed Aria in the car and just meet them there. She wouldn't eat. I tried and tried and she screamed and screamed. It was making me even more stressed out, so I just put her in the ergo and walked to meet up with them.

On our walk (we had to park pretty far away) it started sprinkling! Ugh. No umbrella. By the time I got there it was raining pretty good. So, I went inside the visitor's center and tried to feed Aria again. She just kept crying. Ugh. So, needless to say I was pretty stressed, but trying to stay calm.

We met up with Tyson and the other kids and walked around a little (he had an umbrella) to see the lights. It was really pretty. I do always enjoy seeing them. It was just not the night we should have come - we broke our "1 thing a day" rule. Ah well. It was not the best of circumstances, but the kids ended up loving it and Aria finally ate when we got home. So, it wasn't a total waste, just a bit stressful.




In the rain and still happy!

Wait? Is everyone looking?!

No comments: