June 2012

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Year's Eve, New Year's, and Preschool Projects

 New Year's Eve was different this year, but still a lot of fun! We went over to the Draeger's house with the Peterson's and Workman's. We all brought food to share and had a good time chatting and just having adult conversation (I guess I never thought I would be old enough to say and appreciate the phrase 'adult conversation', but I get it now). We played a little mad gab and then the girls (and the guys joined in eventually) partied the night dancing with Xbox Kinect. It was so much fun! I love dancing and the Kinect is pretty awesome!! I may just have to invite myself over one of these days and play with Deanne. :)

We all went home pretty early because of our kids. Plus, I was speaking the next morning at church which changed to starting at 8:30 am! The kids went to bed and Tyson and I played some games (Pandemic, of course!) and waited for midnight to come. We went to bed at about 12:15 am because really, there was no reason to stay up and getting up early was haunting both of us. But, it was a good night. Happy 2012 - it came so quickly!

Grandma Walker also sent a New Year's package to us to help us remember the Walker New Year's fun :)
Thanks, Grandma Walker!

Fireworks

2012 burning - every year since 2000 Tyson's dad has burned  the year on the road with gasoline. Here is our 2012!

These are the prizes for the games. The clown is for the loser, the chicken (I believe) is for the winner, and the moose is for second place?. I don't quite remember.
 New Year's was good. My talk went well and church was done so early! 8:30 am really is so much earlier than 9 am, but our ward is big, so we need the extra space. We got to spend a lot of time playing with each other and just having a great day!

Reed's preschool has been so much fun this year. The kids are really growing and learning and curious! Here are two lessons that I just thought were so cute and Reed talked about for a long time afterwards.

Along with making a lion, they also went on a lion hunt! Reed LOVED it!

They talked about their family tree. On the apples are pictures of Reed, Eve, Aria, Me, and Tyson. So cute!

No comments: