June 2012

Friday, February 3, 2012

Look who's eating?!

 Aria officially started solid foods on January 12, 2012. I was hoping to wait a little longer than that, but it ended up being the right time to start. She had been sleeping from 11 pm - 8 am for a couple weeks, but then started waking up at 4:30 am. So, I would feed her and go back to bed. Then, I would have to wake her up at 8 and she refused to eat until around 10 or 11. So, this was definitely not a good cycle. I would try and force her to nurse at 8. She would eat for about a minute and then refuse to eat anymore. So, I knew it was time to start solid food with her.

The first day she tried rice cereal and just kind of got a weird look on her face. Mostly, she just did not know how to get the food down her throat and just about all of it came back out of her mouth. Normal :) She was being super cute when she was doing it, so it just made me smile. After a few days she got the hang of it and started loving food! We thought she would love actual food. She has tried the following foods:

*Rice cereal
* Pears
* Parsnips
* Apples
*Carrots
* Prunes
* Butternut Squash
* Sweet Potatoes
* Oatmeal

She has mostly liked everything that I have given her, except the butternut squash. The first time she tried it, she didn't eat very much. The second time she just cried the whole time. Point taken. We are not trying butternut squash again for a while. She LOVED parsnips from the very beginning - even more than pears! That was a bit of a shocker. But, I guess the other two really liked parsnips as well. We are going to be trying some other fun foods in the next little bit. It's always so fun to see the first reaction to a new food.

I have been able to make all her food aside from the rice, oatmeal, and prunes. I love my baby food maker and the storage jars that I recently got - mostly because I can stack them so easily and they have the ounces on the outside of the jar. Here are some really cute pictures of Aria trying food and just playing around!

Since starting food, Aria has consistently slept from 10:45 pm to around 8 am. There were days when she didn't wake up until 9 am! So, she is on her way to sleeping a full 12 hours! Yahoo - I am so much happier when I get more sleep. My kids are happier because I am a better mom. Thus, life is all around better when I get more sleep! So, yes, starting Aria on solid foods was an excellent choice for me and her.

January 12, 2012
Hmmmm...I like sitting in this chair

The food - on the bib and chin instead of the belly

Hi mom! Don't I have pretty eyes, even when I am  all messy?!
Aria is really getting much more active and loves to move! She rolls a ton and loves to swing herself back and forth in the jumperoo. She loves putting things in her mouth and spinning toys that spin!

 January 16, 2012
She usually enjoys the jumperoo. 

Ah, so sweet!

So, who do you think she looks like? I just love this picture!

I don't remember Reed doing this, but both Aria and Eve love to cross their ankles! I remember Eve doing it as a baby and Aria is the same way (I think she does it even more than Eve did). She loves to cross her ankles. It must be a comfortable position because she does it a lot.

Eve still does it. When I get her out of her car seat, she is often time crossing her ankles. Apparently, I have 2 little ladies in my home - so prim and proper, some of the time. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence and just looks so cute!

January 17, 2012
Aria crossing her ankles

Yep, still crossed 

No comments: