June 2012

Thursday, February 2, 2012

4 Months, Best Friends, National Zoo

I love those days when Reed and Eve just play together so well all day! Well, January 3rd was one of those days! Reed was Superman the whole day and Eve was flying around the house with him. They both had such fun ideas when they were playing! Eve would come up with something to do and Reed went along with it. Reed would come up with something to do and Eve went along with it. It was a great day!

Brother and sister love :)
January 4th we took Aria in for her 4 month check-up. Here are the stats:
Weight: 11 lbs. 14 oz. - 10%
Height: 25 in. - 75%
Head Circumference: 15 7/8 in. - 40%

Yes, skinny and long - sounds like her daddy. She is such a funny little miss. As soon as the doctor walked in, she started screaming (he had not even tried to touch her yet). She was ok with the first nurse, but the nurse that came in to give her the shots did not get a warm welcome at all. Aria just screamed. Stranger anxiety already. She is pretty attached to me. I think it's because I am often rescuing her from the good intentions of her siblings that often cause some sort of pain. Hopefully she will get over it someday. 

I am still getting used to this long and skinny thing. My other two got too fat for clothes for the first bit. Aria never outgrows clothes because she is too fat - only too long. It's interesting because clothes are still a little baggy on her even when I can no longer button them! 

Happy Aria - January 9th
January 6th my brother, Ryan, and his wife, Barbara, and their daughter, Lillie, came into town. Ryan was speaking at a conference and the rest of the family came along to visit old friends and family. We met up with them at the zoo and had a blast!

The weather was GORGEOUS! I did not even have to wear my jacket and neither did the kids. I am not complaining at all that at the beginning of January (winter), it is nice enough to go without a jacket. It was just fabulous!

It was nice to be able to chat with them again. They also got a first glimpse at Aria. She was born about 3 weeks after they moved to Atlanta and 6 days after my little sister's wedding. So, everyone just barely missed little Aria being born. Here we are at the zoo.

Reed refused to be in the picture

Notice Aria sleeping in the baby carrier :)

The panda was actually out and about - this is a rarity!

The kids love pandas, as do I!

No comments: