June 2012

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Painting

 I keep meaning to do more painting activities with Reed and Eve, but it always seems like I am out-of-time. I need to be better about planning our daily fun activities - then we could all the fun and inventive things that are floating around in my head. Well, January 30th, I finally succeeded in doing a little painting project with them!

I had remembered doing marble art at the school I played at (I say played because that's what we did with the kids - play! It was a school for kids with autism. Amazing place!) and thought I would try it with my kids. I knew they would like it, but there were a few glitches that I did not think about. First was the place to put the paper and marbles. We needed a bigger place to put the paper - I guess I should have pulled out some of the pans I have (next time)! Next little glitch is the thickness of the paint. We used the crayola kids paint and it ended up being too think - you had to really bounce the ball instead of roll it around the paper. Next time I would have to either thin the paint or make sure to use something else.

The kids still enjoyed the paint, but like I mentioned before, the containers were just too small. So, we turned to our new easel and did some painting on there. Despite the minor glitches, it was a fun time! The kids got nice and dirty and we all had a good time! I need to do more little projects like this - I just need to make sure that I plan ahead.

Reed loved the marbles as much as he loved the paint! 

Eve loved choosing every single color. Her first two choices: pink and purple

Aria just had a good time watching what was happening.

She was just being a cute girl!

Painting after the marble idea sort of failed.

Eve is so messy! This is a constant thing with her. I should have just taken all her clothes off!

She couldn't get it open with her hands, so decided her teeth might work. Hmmm, better work on the hand -opening thing.

Reed telling me something about the paint.

Little poser

Brother and sister love :) 

1 comment:

Bloom Family said...

oh, that last hugging pic all covered in paint is a keeper. very cute!