June 2012

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthday #2 and #3 and Everything in the Middle

So I have been trying to update for the past couple of days, but I kept getting this weird error. Luckily, that is over and I can update for the rest of March! It has definitely been eventful!!!!

Firstly, Tyson had another week off for paternity leave, so we got to spend a lot of time as a family. It was really nice for me to be able to do things (like grocery shop) without the kids. I do love them, but it is so much easier to shop without them :) We also went to the Postal Museum. It was one of the few Smithsonian museums we have not seen. It was actually really interesting. I didn't realize how hard it was to get mail to certain places and how many stamps there are in the world! Amazing! Reed mostly loved running around :)

Postal Museum...

You could even go inside this truck!

Mail slots to different cities/states...it was pretty intense!


Next, Reed's Birthday aka Pie Day aka March 14th (Birthday #2). We had my parents and Ryan & Barb over for dinner and our monthly Family Home Evening with everyone in DC area. Barb made some great Thai Ginger soup and a salad with this amazing dressing! Thanks, Barb!

After dinner we started our 'activity' which was a train cake decorating contest. Yes, I made everyone decorate train cakes which I judged! Everyone ended up getting a prize of Nature Valley granola bars. I know, don't you wish you had come?!

Then, we sang happy birthday to Reed and he blew out the candles all by himself! He also kept saying, "Two!" and holding up two fingers...so cute!!! My little baby boy is growing up so fast....I can't believe it! I love you, Reed! Don't grow up too fast!

Reed got to open the car mat/cars before doing the cake because Grandma Rowberry couldn't wait!

He loved it from the very first glance! Thanks, Grandma Rowberry!

I helped Reed decorate his cake, a little. He mostly just wanted to eat the candy. He knows the good stuff when he sees it!

The gang decorating their trains!

Happy Birthday, little man!

He blew out one candle at a time :)

Blowing out the second candle! He didn't even try to touch the flames. That's my boy!


The cakes post-decorating....fig. 1

fig. 2

The Family Home Evening lesson was next where we talked about making your calling and election sure. My dad did an awesome job at facilitating our conversation and I really learned a lot. Thanks, dad :)

Lastly, Reed got to open his presents. He LOVED all the different toys he got - squirt gun, play doh, teething rings (he lost is other ones and loves to chew on them since he is getting his molars), cars, and a car mat. But, when it came to the clothes, he didn't care at all! In fact, I think he was looking for toys because he took out the clothes and completely threw them aside. Pure boy! Ah well.....it was a fun night!!!

Play doh - always a favorite!

Squirt gun! Thanks, Grandma Walker!

The next Friday we had another party (yes, I do love birthday parties)! I completely forgot to take pictures at Birthday #3! We had a party with some of Reed's (and mine) friends. It was the perfect day that I had been waiting for - warm enough to play on our little play ground! It turned out awesome! Tons of kids came and played. Reed was a little nervous at first, but then began running around with the best of them :) Then, we ate some snacks and decorated train cakes. Honestly, decorating train cakes never gets old for me! I love it each time. The kids seemed to really enjoy it as well!

Reed's party also gave me the chance to socialize with some friends. That has not happened in a long time! It just seems like since Eve was born, I have not been able to talk to that many people (with snowstorms, busy with piano, busy with kids, being in primary....etc....). So, I think the party for Reed was also a party for mommy. I guess that's why I didn't get around to taking pictures, I was having too much fun talking to my friends! Ah yes, thanks Reed, for having a birthday! I always love birthdays and reasons for parties :)


Just as a bonus, here are some cute pictures of the little evester or evey or little e or eve sarai - whatever you think fits. I think I have used all of those names when talking to the cute little bundle! Enjoy!

For a while now I have been trying to get this picture - do you see the lines on Eve's cheeks? Yeah, those are from her pacifier. I thought it was because she was sucking really hard, but then it hit me - her cheeks stick out more than her lips! It just made me laugh so hard...I love my chunky-cheeked baby girl!

Crazy smile...

Thanks, Aunt Tifani for the cute top!

Concentrating really hard on....well, I don't really know!

1 comment:

The Black Widow said...

My, but your children have cute clothing... It's a good thing they have a good aunt! Just kidding, it isn't the clothes, it is that they just ARE that cute. Miss you guys!