June 2012

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Roll Master

Eve recently went to her 4-month check-up and here are the stats from that appointment and the previous 2 where they were checking the milk protein stuff:

March 29 - 13 lbs., 1 oz.
April 12 - 13 lbs., 14 oz.
April 23 - Weight: 14 lbs., 6 oz., 65%; Height: 24 in. (although I think they were a bit conservative), 45%; Head Circumference: 16 in., 50%

So, she seems to be growing just fine and I have not had to omit anything else from my diet (phew....dairy is hard enough for me)! So, the plans are to keep nursing her as long as I can and reintroduce dairy at around 9 months. Hopefully, she will have outgrown the allergy by then! I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for that one to happen :)

She is still just a happy little baby. She recently has taken to rolling onto her stomach. She has been really close for a long time, at least a month! She would roll to her side, but seemed to like it so much, that she would stay there. I would even find her sleeping on her side. So, I knew as soon as she rolled, she would be a master at it. I was right. Eve officially rolled on April 18, 2010 (although there were many almost rolls before that). Then, on April 19 I could not keep her on her back! Every time I set her down on her back, she was on her stomach with a few seconds, I kid you not. It was pretty funny. She figured it out and was no longer satisfied with her back! Even mostly asleep she will roll from her back to her tummy! She is the roll master!

She has done the tummy to the back a couple of times, but she doesn't seem nearly as excited about that way. We'll she when she learns that rolling will get her places faster! I am already nervous!

She also does this inch worm move (that's what it looks like to me) on her stomach. She puts her head down and gets on her knees, then tries to push forward a little. I am not ready for crawling yet! Hold on little miss! She is just learning and growing so fast!

She also loves making noises. She has graduated from just cooing and has moved on to making bubbles with her spit while buzzing her lips! She even laughs at herself! So funny! She loves to talk with most anyone, but especially loves talking to mommy (this could be a sign for the future)! Ah, girls.....it just amazes me how different she is than Reed already!

Here is a fun Eve photo shoot with my friend's camera! Thanks, Regi!!

Finally looking at daddy :)

Her tongue is always out

What is going on here?


Smiles make me melt :)

So cute!

Looking for something

Ah yes, always grabbing at the dress

What is it?

Just adorable

Covering her mouth so she doesn't smile

I love this one...don't know, just do

Her dress is always up....no matter how many times I try to keep it down

Thinking

There's Eve

Fingers in the mouth, of course

Again with the tongue

3 comments:

shauntelle said...

i think it is so funny because isla does the opposite roll from tummy to back, and will sometimes do it over and over if you play with her, but definitely prefers the back...crazy chicks, her dress is beautiful

mama donk aubri jo said...

so cute, baby smiles are the best :)

Chad, Brittney & Peyton said...

Eve is so cute! I love her little chubby cheeks...just want to kiss them :-)