June 2012

Monday, April 5, 2010

March Madness

No, this is not a basketball post. Sorry to disappoint. But, I will be watching the Championship game tonight - go Blue Devils! Instead, I am going to show you just some of the madness that went on in our lives during the last half of March! Here are some fun tidbits:

* With the good weather, we have frequented the park many times! Sometimes we even went 2-3 times per day! Reed LOVED it!

* Reed had his 2-year doctor visit and he passed with flying colors (plus there were no shots!)! He even got to stand on the big boy scale and everything! Here are his stats:
Height: 34 1/2 inches, 50%
Weight: 28 lbs., 50%
Head Circumference: 20 1/4 inches, greater than 95% (yep, his head is officially off the charts! Way to go Reed! It must be all those brains!)

* Reed loves to race and run around while you try and catch him.

* Reed is getting better and better at putting his train pieces together! He can do a lot of it by himself!

* I finally got some really cute pictures of Eve smiling! Most of them were at the park :) Playing and pictures at the same time!

* Reed loved copying daddy when he would walk on the logs bordering the park.

* Eve seemed to finally wake up! I think she was just waiting for good weather. I really can't blame her :)

* Eve loves to blow bubbles with her spit.I would blame Tyson for teaching her, except that he didn't! It was just happened and now she loves it!

* Eve weighed 13 lbs. 1 oz. on March 29th. Yahoo for chubby babies :)

* Reed has a fascination with putting on daddy's (and more recently mommy's) shoes and running around the house. He is always sure to tell me whose shoes he is actually wearing.

* I went to a consignment sale and got some really cute clothes (mostly for Eve - more selection for girls, as always) and a little play gym. I almost got a double stroller, but when I went to call Tyson and talk about it, an older woman snatched it from me. I should have know the rule of thumb: NEVER leave a stroller that you are thinking of buying. Ah well.

* We went to Richmond to see the ordination of our oldest nephew, Tyler. He is officially 12 and a deacon (weird...that just means I am getting old!)! It was great to see Brandon, Kim, and the kids - pretty soon seeing them will involve a lot more travel (Minnesota is a bit far a way)!

* I made zucchini bread for the first time by myself. It tasted yummy!

* Sad note: The zoom on our camera stopped working (well, I did drop the camera on accident) and just today Reed tripped while holding the camera, and the lens will not close. It will not let me take any more pictures :( So, we will have to get that fixed!

First of many smiling pictures!
I don't know what kind of face this, but it sure makes me laugh :)

Love the tongue :)

Watching the helicopter go by - there are a lot of those around here!

Being coy...

Trying to figure out what to do...

Ha ha! That was funny!

Contemplation...

Blowing bubbles...

Closed eyes + tongue out = pure joy

I still love how babies sleep!

I love the eyes closed smile!

Big yawn!

Daddy showed Reed how to walk on the wood bordering the playground. Reed loves anything that Daddy teaches him!

Like father, like son :)

A close-up of little Eve

One Sunday evening Reed found his old BYU hat (which definitely does not fit anymore), put it on backwards, and sat on the floor to read. It was just so funny! He was reading so intently. He really loves to flip through books and read.

I love how blue her eyes look with this outfit! The blue in the outfit matches her blue eyes perfectly :)


Trains, trains, trains....

Watching an airplane!

She's awake....

and smiling so cute!

I love that face!

Reed loves to play his version of tag named "catch you". He basically runs, you run after him, and when he wants to he lets you catch him.

Playing "catch you" and waiting to be caught :) He's so funny!

4 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

fun times! i love baby smiles, they are the best, my next favorite is their first laugh, Rylan keeps trying, so cute! Happy Birthday to Reed! crazy how time flies, looks like you guys are loving it!

Jenny said...

great pictures! i love all of her expressions!

Elisha Jones said...

You have the cutest kids! And Eve's cheeks! I just want to grab them and eat them up. So much fun:)

Chris and Mel said...

it's quite unfortunate that double chins are only cute on little ones- nobody ever says i look adorable!