June 2012

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Easter!

Yes, Easter has already past, but I have some fun pictures that I am itching to post :)

Saturday we dyed the Easter eggs. Reed loved putting the eggs in and taking them out again. We gave him one egg to do whatever he wanted. I think he dipped it into 3 or 4 different colors. It actually turned out pretty cool! When they dried, Reed even added some stickers to his favorites!


Daddy dyeing his egg.

Checking the blue one. Looks good.

Checking the yellow one. Looks good.

What Eve was doing.

Reed inspecting the egg.....it passed.

Making sure they are all there.

The eggs! The very front left egg is Reed's creation.

Reed is still fairly new to the whole Easter thing, so Tyson did not hide his basket as is tradition in his family. Instead, he hid some eggs around our apartment for Reed to find. Reed caught on pretty quickly as soon as he realized there was stuff in most of the eggs!

Along with candy and eggs, Reed got a new pair of church pants and a Clifford book. Eve got a new dress and a Fancy Nancy book (such cute little girl books for those who have not heard of them). I decided that I would like to get my kids each a book for Easter along with something new for church. I think it is partly because I love kids books and want a huge collection. Also, I think it's fun to get something besides candy, although candy is a favorite, I know. So, if you know of/are fans of any fun kids books (there are millions, I am sure) let me know! I am always on the hunt for ones that I have discovered yet!

So, What am I supposed to do with this basket?

I found one!

Throwing another egg in the basket.

"Wow!" is what Reed was saying when we took this picture. He really loves that word!

Wow! Both kids smiling in the same picture!

The best part of Easter for me was watching General Conference. It just brought me back to the real reason we celebrate Easter. It's not the candy, new stuff, or the Easter Bunny; it is to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that Easter and Conference coincided this year. It reminds me what is most important. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and everything he did/is doing for me and my family! I know that without his love, I would be a completely different person. He is my rock and my salvation! Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

The Black Widow said...

Tyson, I am so disappointed. Hiding the baskets in odd places and making kids look for them is what Easter is all about. I think both Reed and Eve should have been forced to find their baskets!

Megan said...

Love your new profile picture and the smile on Eve with her Easter dress. So sweet!