June 2012

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Anniversary Present?

August is a good month for weddings in my family. Ryan & Barbara got married August 8th. Brandon & Kim got married August 17th. My mom & dad got married August 18th. Tyson & I got married August 19th. It seems to be a theme. Actually, it is divided almost evenly. My 3 other married siblings got married in December. But, right now August is winning. Needless to say, I am a bit biased towards August. And there is yet another reason to biased about the month of August. Here is the story:

In mid-January, my parents came to visit, play with the kids, eat eggplant parmesan (my first time making it), and just catch up a little after Christmas break. That's what we did: ate, played, and chatted. Well, they had to be back to their house for some meetings and such (as is always the case with my busy, busy parents).

Before they left I told them that I had a 'sort of' anniversary present for them. They looked a little puzzled since their anniversary was not until August. But, I told them to close their eyes and hold out their hands. My mom dutifully obeyed because presents are always fun, right?!

I place a small piece of paper in her hands and told them to open their eyes. They looked, smiled at me, smiled at each other, and gave us hugs! Apparently it is a really, really good anniversary present! So, I guess it is time to reveal what it was they saw: an ultrasound for baby #3!

Yes, we are having another baby. Estimated due date is August 22, 2011. So, it is a 'sort of' anniversary present since nothing with a due date is 100% accurate.

Anyways, we are super excited and shocked that we are going to be parents of 3 kids in the near future!

Later that night, Tyson broked the news to his mom saying that she was going to have twin grandchildren (his sister is also expecting and due August 26th). She did not quite understand, but once he explained the difference in our due dates, she exclaimed, "I really might have twin grandchildren!" She was delighted as well.

As for me, I have been feeling the best I have felt being pregnant. I attribute that to the fact that I was in the best shape of my life before becoming prego and I am still exercising (at a slightly slower pace) just about everyday. I only feel sick if I wait too long to eat or eat too much sugar (especially eating sugar at night). So, life is good. So, who knows it may be an anniversary present for any number of people in my family!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo!!

Jen said...

Congrats, Janae! August 22nd IS my anniversary date. I'm sure you'd prefer to have a baby before then, but it is a really nice date :)

I'm very happy for you! You have a wonderful family!

Kara said...

Congrats, Janae!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! That's very exciting to add to the month of celebrations. We got married in August too -- August 20th.

I'm glad you are feeling well.

mama donk aubri jo said...

Congratulations! is kimber prego too? fun to have close cousins :) Eve and baby will be 20 months apart right?

Megan said...

August 22 is my birthday, so I think it's a great date! I say give birth on your due date!

Chris and Mel said...

aaaahhhhhh! i swear you just had one kid, like yesterday- and now close to three- did you not learn anything from us crazy neighbors??? congrats to you guys... :)

kristen said...

that's AWESOME! can't wait to hear what you're having!

dannii said...

congrats janae! wowzers you are so brave for #3. haha. i'm so excited for you all!

Dianah said...

I know it's a bit late, but congrats on the new addition in August! I hope everything goes well with you and your family.