June 2012

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home for a week....

The first week after being home was pretty much a wash for all of us. I think we were all just very tired and worn out from all of the playing. Wednesday, January 5th, Reed still went to preschool, but we showed up super late because he did not even stir from his bed until 9 a.m.! We were all still on PST. But, he went nonetheless.

He had a really great time learning about igloos, snow, snowmen, and all the fun winter stuff! He was mostly excited to show me his snowman and the glasses on his snowman. Funny story about the 'glasses': The mom in charge gave everyone the same piece, but did not tell them where to put it on the snowman. Without any help all of the girls (there are 4) put it as a bow on his neck. Reed and Brooks, the 2 males, both put it as sunglasses. That just made me laugh and smile :)

Reed was also excited that daddy was home so that he could show off his craft! Tyson, thankfully, took the day off to kind of settle in before heading off to busy season!

Reed showing off his snowman.
A few days later, Eve was helping me unload and load the dishwasher. I walked away for a minute to use the bathroom. This is what I found upon returning to the kitchen:


This is what happens when Eve helps with the dishes.
Friday, January 7th, Eve had her 1-year check-up. Things looked good, except she lost a little weight. I kind of thought that would happen since she had been a little sick and all during vacation she went up and down the stairs. Literally, that is all she wanted to do! It took her 1 day to figure it all out. After that, she just wanted to keep doing it over and over. So, I was not surprised in the least. Here are her stats:

Weight: 19 lbs. 6 oz. - 40%
Height: 29 3/4 in. - 70%
Head Circumference: 18 in. - 50%

Looks like we may have a tall one on our hands! Keep your fingers crossed :) (I believe Eve has made up all her ounces lost in the past month. She has been eating like a maniac!)

The next Wednesday, January 12th, was my turn to teach preschool. Originally, I was January 5th, but realized that wouldn't work with Christmas vacation. So, I switch to January 12th. Then, on Monday and Tuesday, Eve had fevers on-and-off all day! She was being fussy and just not herself. Turns out, it was due to teething (in a later post), but she just miserable. So, I switched again to January 26th. Thankfully, Katrina was able to fill-in for me at the last moment!

Reed loved going to Juliet's house for preschool. They learned about teeth and even got to paint their teeth with toothbrushes! Reed is pretty obsessed with toothbrushes and toothpaste, so I can only imagine how excited he was during their little lesson!

He also informed Katrina (the mom), that he loves green, so his googly eyes had to be the green ones. He is really on a green-kick. Everything is better when it's green. He probably tells me 10 times a day, "Mommy, I love green! It's my favorite!" Then he will go through his preschool friends and name their favorites. 100% of the time he is right. Smart kid. :) So, here is Reed with his magnetic tooth that has green eyes!

Reed was very excited to brush his tooth with white paint.

No comments: