June 2012

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Teething Woes

Well, the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January were not very pleasant at our house. Eve, as I mentioned previously, was going on and off with fevers and just being super fussy. She wasn't sleeping very well (very uncommon for her) during the day or at night.

At first, I thought she was getting sick. But, after a few days I realized that she was just getting 5 teeth at once - 4 of them being the first set of molars! Yeah, so she was not the happiest camper on the block. But, as soon as some of the teeth broke the skin, Eve went back to almost her normal self.

I used to think that people blamed teething when there were actually other things going on. Reed hardly fussed when he was teething - maybe a little, but it never really kept him up at night, he only got a fever when he got the molars, and he was just a content little guy. Well, my experience with Eve has taught me that teething can be a brutal beast.

It's interesting because now I can tell when she is teething because she is more cling/fussy during the day and at night. If it were just at night, I would be hesitant to just blame the fussiness on teething. But, since it goes on throughout the day, I am reassured that she is definitely in pain. Poor little miss!

Thankfully, her molars have all broken the skin. Those things are huge and take forever to come all the way in! But, Eve is not cutting another tooth! Yeah, she is sprouting teeth like crazy! This will be #12 and she is going to be 14 months on the 23rd of this month! She went from having 4 teeth on her 1st birthday (December 23rd) to having almost 12 only 2 months later! Here is a rundown (at least as close as I can say) of how the teeth all came in (all teeth are described as if you were looking at her teeth from my perspective/straight on):

December 29th - tooth #5, bottom L next to middle tooth
January 13th - tooth #6, top R next to middle tooth
January 15th - tooth #7, top L molar
January 17th - tooth #8, bottom L molar
January 18th - tooth #9, bottom R next to middle tooth
January 22nd - tooth #10, top R molar
January 24th - tooth #11, bottom R molar
Any day now - tooth #12, top L next to middle tooth

Man, January was rough for little Eve! Thankfully, we only have 4 more teeth and 4 more molars to go. We are past the halfway point! Good luck Eve!

1 comment:

mama donk aubri jo said...

That is crazy she has 12 teeth already! Teething is the worst, I swear all my kids have a runny nose for the first three years of their life because of teething. My kids cut teeth super late however, Rylan is working on #3 and #4 right now, they always do them 2 at a time to catch up I guess :)