June 2012

Friday, February 18, 2011

Legos!

Well, I am not expert on Legos, but I heard about a Legos exhibit at the National Building Museum and thought it would be a pretty cool thing to check out. So, Saturday, January 15th was the day to check it out.

I was definitely right about it being awesome! They built the most amazing replicas of buildings that I have ever seen built out of Legos! They even had the specs of each building, the specs of the Lego building, how long it took to design, and how long it took to build. Pretty amazing!

They had replicas of the twin towers, sears tower, the tallest building in the world, the white house, and some other buildings that I am forgetting at the moment.

After you saw the buildings, there was a huge space set aside where you could go and build stuff with Legos. Reed was so excited (and I must say Tyson was pretty stoked)! Eve liked knocking everything down, which is always a good time. We stayed until our parking meter ran out!

We also saw an exhibition on Andrea Palladio. I was shocked at how much influence his designs had on our architecture in the United States. It was truly amazing to see where certain ideas for buildings came from. I think architecture is simply amazing!

We also saw the water fountain and just admired the architecture of the building. I thought it was so beautiful! I am sucked for columns and arches, though. :)

A great morning in D.C.!

Replica of the tallest building in the world


I still can't believe they made these buildins out of legos!
 
Showing off his first creation


Reed and Eve joined in on the building action


I just think this building is awesome!


Love the fake smiles

Everyone was mesmerized by the water fountain, of course.

1 comment:

Chris and Mel said...

oh my gosh- you have a little man and a little toddler girly! how'd it change so fast? you all look fab and happy- so fun to see ya!