June 2012

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preschool in Fast Motion

So, I keep meaning to post meaningful posts about each preschool week, but time has simply gotten away from me. Instead of feel bad about it, I am just going to give small highlights from the past several weeks! Reed, overall, has really been loving preschool and seeing his friends every week! He tells me, "Mom, I like preschool. I love my friends." So, the social part (which is the main reason I wanted to do this preschool) is really working for all the kids! They are learning so many different things about being in groups, sharing, transitioning to different places, and taking direction in a group. I love it!

Week 12: Oceans
They read the rainbow fish and Reed loved it!
Week 13: The 5 Senses  
I taught this one and really had a blast doing it! I could split the senses up over weeks, but I only had 1 day. So, we had a brief run-down, made 2 fun crafts and air-popped popcorn onto a sheet. This was the favorite thing ever! The kids thought it was so much fun to hear it, watch it, smell, it, touch it, and taste it! All 5 senses in one snack-making activity. Woo woo!
This is our touching turtle - filled with so many soft and squishy things!

We also listened to a story about an Elf with 3 pairs of ears. We painted our own set of listening ears.

Week 14: Groundhog's Day
I taught this as well. It was a fun day learning about groundhogs, where we got this crazy holiday from, and we even made our own groundhogs! We also played 'find the groundhog.' 

Reed holding his groundhog that he made (left) and the picture that he colored (right).
 Week 15: Valentine's
The kids made fun little valentines and even made jell-o gigglers in the shape of a heart!
 Week 16: President's Day

Reed learned about Presidents and President's Day. He even colored this flag in, of course, green.


No comments: