June 2012

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We have a W(w)alker!




Not only is Eve a Walker, but she is now walking. I have suspicions that she has actually been able to walk for a few months now and here is why: she is pretty much an excellent walker (I suppose it could be the name...hehehe).

On Friday, February 18th, I decided that it was time for Eve to walk. I put her by one of our bookshelves and sat across the room. I said, "Come here, Eve!" She looked at me and walked all the way to me without stumbling or falling - about 6-7 steps. Later that same day she walked 12 steps and reached her without falling. Saturday and Sunday she was walking all over the place, only falling when she tripped on a rug or something in her way. So, this is really why I think she has been holding back on us - she wanted to be a perfect walker :)

Now she walks from our bedroom at the back of the apartment to the kitchen, around the kitchen (granted it is not very big) and then into the living room. She is also working on picking stuff up (squatting) without falling and then standing up straight to walk again. She almost has that mastered as well!

So, yes, we definitely have a walking Walker!

Funny side note: Reed likes to copy Eve's walk. It does kind of look a bit Frankenstein-esque sometimes because she will put her arms in front of her to gain balance. It makes me laugh!

3 comments:

Jason and Elisha said...

Wow, look at her go! So much fun:) I love how great a brother Reed is.

kristen said...

Congratulations Eve! As my girls say, now she is a "BIG baby!" I love that little toddle when they first start to walk.

Stephanie Abney said...

Watch out!! These are darling video clips! Such cute kids.