June 2012

Monday, March 30, 2009

Downtown at night

So, one Saturday night, Tyson, Reed, and I decided to go and see some of the monuments. I always love seeing them at night with the lights. Also, it seems to be less crowded and you can find parking! So, nighttime is the time to go. We stopped by the Washington Monument. I had forgotten how tall it is! Reed loved touching it and standing against the wall. It was fun to see him checking it out. He is such a curious little boy. I love that he loves to discover things! Of course, Daddy had to tell Reed how cool this monument is and just what it means!

We also stopped by the World War II Memorial. This one is one of my favorites! We walked around and found the Virginia stone and had to take a picture! I was a little sad that the water had been drained. The water fountains are just so beautiful. I guess they were cleaning them or something because they are all filled up again. So, it was just poor timing, but I still love it! It is amazing to me how much history is here! I am still awed by it.

We didn't have time to make it to the Lincoln, another favorite, but we will again. It just nice to be able to spend the evening with my two most favorites guys!

Daddy and Reed :)

This is pretty cool.

Wow, Dad can reach high!


Wow! This thing is huge!

They didn't turn out super well, but I love the flags that surround the monument.

From Reed's point of view

WWII Memorial - It is really beautiful - I will get some water pictures next time!

1 comment:

heather said...

Those are some really cool pictures at night. And I might sound dumb, but why are you in Virgina right now? I so thought you guys lived in Cali...Where have I been.