June 2012

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Money.... It's all I want

In mid-February, Reed and I, along with some gals and kids in our play groups, went to the Bureau of Engraving Printing. Basically, we got to see how money is printed! It was actually pretty amazing all the things they do to make the money. Some fun facts are - It comes out on these huge sheets that they actually end up rolling to make more malleable and ready for cutting. When the bills are put in stacks there are workers there watching all the stacks. Those workers trains for two years to be able to do that!

The tour was pretty short, but definitely interesting! Reed liked how they had huge stacks of bills. I could tell he wanted to touch all the money - that's all he wants :)

There were two more interesting things we found at the end of the tour in the gift shop. First, Texas just thinks they are better than the rest of us. I say that because if the bills are printed in Dallas the serial number has a star at the end. Also, there is an FW on the bill if printed in Fort Worth. So, yes, they are the Lone Star stated - the only one that gets to put a special star on bills! Also, we found this chart to see how tall you are in money. Since all I care about is money, I had to take some pictures and see how much I am worth! I am worth $1, 492, 100! Reed is worth about $687,350. Not too shabby! How much are you worth?


Since most of you are between these heights - I zoomed in.

Reed doesn't quite make the chart - - so,

we had to use the formula at the bottom! Enjoy!

No comments: