June 2012

Monday, March 9, 2009

I might be obsessed with.....

running! It's weird, but I have been warned. Many people have told me that as you are training for a half-marathon or even full-marathon, you gain this love of running. I was extremely skeptical. While I am grateful that I can run and feel good after because of endorphins :), I never thought I would really start to love running. I liked it. I knew it was a good form of exercise, but I did not know how addicting it could become. Now, I still do no love running on the tread mill....it is just a bit hard to love it because you can't see all the pretty things outside. But, when I ran 10 miles on Saturday on the W & OD trail, I simple began to love running! It was a beautiful day (I know that helped) and so many people were outside jogging, biking, and playing flag football :) The buds are starting to come out on the trees. It was just perfect outside. I ended up running the 10 miles at about a 10:30 min mile (give or take a couple minutes, I had to stop at some stop lights for a couple minutes). After, I felt so good. I think I am obsessed.

I must give a shout out to my man, Hal Higdon. Although Hal does not know me personally, he has helped me a lot over the last 11 weeks. I am doing his training for the novice half-marathon. He made the schedule very easy to follow and very reachable. I honestly cannot believe that I jogged 10 miles last Saturday, but at the same time, I did not get sore and could have kept going. So, thanks, Hal. If you want to run a race and want some sort of guide to follow, definitely look this guy up! His training schedule are free online and he has schedules at every level: novice, intermediate, and veteran.

In honor of my new-found love, hobby, obsession, I posted a picture of some very good friends of mine - my running shoes! I usually do not spend tons of money on one pair of shoes. Running shoes are my exception. I want to protect my joints and not screw up my body totally. So, I figured that buying the appropriate shoe for my body is necessary and will save me bills in the future! So, here are my old running shoes (still in my closet for other purposes) and my new running shoes that will be there with me through my half-marathon!

P.S. Reed's other top tooth broke through the skin on Friday, March 5th!



These are the new ones - absolutely comfortable :)

These are oldies but goodies :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, go girl! I wish I loved running. Even when I was training for the triathlon running wasn't my fav:) You are amazing that you can run that fast and long!

mama donk aubri jo said...

i am always impressed with anyone who runs! hurts me too bad everywhere you aren't supposed to feel the work. keep it up! p.s. i have the same shoes, love them!

Stacey said...

The saddest part is that I got pregnant like 2 weeks after I ran the half marathon. I tried to run at the beginning but always got light headed. I hate seeing people running outside because I am so jealous. I do enjoy walking in the meantime but it's just not the same and I still hate doing it when it's cold. I'm so glad that you love it though, it's the best feeling in the world isn't it?

heather said...

Can I have some of that obsession? I used to love running, but then I had kids. I don't know why I don't anymore. By the way, are those asics? They look pretty sweet. How much do they weigh and how is it when you run?