June 2012

Friday, March 13, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

The other day I was talking to a friend about parks. I ended up mentioning how our park has wood chips/bark and Reed loves to crawl in it and put them in his mouth. (He has also found the dirt underneath and tasted that as well). Well, this friend has a little girl about Reed's age and she mentioned how her daughter does not like touching the wood chips with her hands. It just made me chuckle a little - she is such a girl and Reed is such a boy, even now. They really are different :)

So, we were able to play at our park a few more times (actually these pictures were taken in February) and Reed found some sticks to play with! He absolutely loved them. He hit them on the ground, stared at them, poked the slide, and even tried eating the stick (that didn't work out - it was a little hard for him). Of course, I had to do a photo shoot of the whole event :) Enjoy!

Tomorrow is Reed's birthday and I seriously cannot believe that he will be 1!!!! What happened to all of the time? This ear simply flew by. I am so grateful to have Reed in my life. He is truly an amazing child (I guess he's not a baby anymore).



Yummy - this stick tastes good! But, it is a little hard...

Look! I got two sticks - I am so cool!

Whoa - what is this thing?

Must touch it. Must examine it.



Reed absolutely LOVES balloons - every time we go to a store especially grocery stores) there are balloons everywhere! I never would have noticed if Reed didn't point out each and every balloon! So, we got a balloon from Trader Joe's (free...it's the best) and Reed was watching it on the ceiling. I love it :)

3 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

seriously it is crazy how boy they are from day one. I heard a baby girl cry when Gavin was first born, and even his cry sounded so much more like a boy than hers! love it! love the sticks and the dirt, my boys fav are rocks, the best teethers ever :)

Kendra said...

Hey, I am glad you found my blog. Your little boy is such a cutie also! I agree, there is definitely a difference in boys. Todd and his wife have a little girl a little younger than Casen and she is already so girly. Casen is all boy and pretty wild!

James and Amy said...

Reed is still just cute as can be! :) I totally agree with you on the running shoes thing. I always get a good pair. Actually, I got some the other day and I always get the exact same shoe. It's definitely worth spending a few extra bucks to get awesome shoes!