June 2012

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My baby is 1....

I cannot believe that Reed is 1!!!! March 14, 2009 marked his birthday and my one-year anniversary of being a mom :) We had such a great day!!! But, it all started a little earlier than I would have liked. Tyson was supposed to arrive at 12:15 am, but was delayed and did not end up landing at the airport until about 2:45 am!!! So, I had to go and pick him up and then come back home. Then, Reed woke up at 7:30 am...so, I was pretty tired, but so excited for Reed's birthday!

Even though Reed didn't quite understand, he had tons of fun :) One of the most exciting things was when Reed went with daddy to pick up his balloons. Reed's favorite thing is balloons...I think I have already talked about his obsession. So, the fact that Reed got to sit in the back of the car with 6 balloons - well, it was pretty much the best morning ever! Even after arriving home, he could not help but play with the balloons, smiling and laughing. It was awesome!

We went to this amazing park - Clemyjontri - for his party. It is pretty much kid wonderland for free. It is huge, and there are toys and slides for tons of people. It was a bit chilly, but mostly the parents got cold because they weren't running around playing! So, the kids absolutely had a great time playing. Reed loved the slides. He loves to go down on his stomach, face-first. But, amazingly, he does a fabulous job stopping himself and not going too fast. Smart kid!

Then, the kids came over and decorated their train cakes. This was by far the best idea I have ever had! Everyone had such a great time decorating their own trains. My mom colored lots of frosting, we had skittles, nerds, m&ms, and I found these flat, rope-like candies made by air heads. I seriously did not think it was going to be as great as it turned out to be. I am doing this activity for the next 5 birthdays at least. Even the adults got to decorate a cake (I made 38 little cakes). It was fabulous!

When time came to sing, Reed did not really know what was going on. Tyson had to help him blow out the candle (but even Tyson missed the first time)! Reed did not really want his cake. When I tried to give him some frosting, he just got this weird look on his face as if to say, "Mom, what is this?" So, he ended up destroying it later in the day (but still did not really want to eat it, just destroy it). After the excitement died down, Reed ended up falling asleep at his own party! That's what happen when you party hard :)

After Reed woke up and ate lunch, we opened presents and let him destroy his cake. He did not really know what to do with his cake still. But, once he decided that it felt cool, he squished it between his fingers and enjoyed himself :) Next, the presents! He was so excited about each present that he did not really care about opening the next. But, once that one was open, he wanted to play with it. He really raked in the presents!!! I was actually pretty surprised. I guess I was not expecting people to bring presents, but it was awesome that they did! Reed got TONS of toys, some books, clothes, and even his very own stool with his name engraved into it! Thanks to everyone who gave Reed gifts! He seriously loves all of them!

The last exciting bit of the day was when Reed got to take a ride in his new car seat! He didn't really know what to do about facing forward, but loved that he could see the light on the ceiling of the car. He was excited but confused that he could see us, but liked it at the same time. So, all-in-all, an exciting day :)

I cannot believe that my baby is no longer as much of a baby! I am so happy to be Reed' mom - he is an amazing kid! I just love my little man :)



I cannot believe that one year ago my little man was this small!

He has been a sweet heart since day 1 :)

Sadly, he lost his baby tan after a couple weeks, but I still hope he will be able to tan :)

One year later.......

This is the best day ever!!!!! I got balloons!

Balloons are my favorite :)

Pure joy!

Is there anything cuter? I think not :)

Thanks for the balloons!

Reed's birthday train - decorated by Grandma Rowberry!It definitely was the best-looking train there :)


"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Reed. Happy birthday to you!"


Reed is a bit confused at why he gets to be so close to fire....

Daddy tries for the second time and finally blows out Reed's candle :)

After an exciting morning at the park, Reed needed a nap! (In the background, just parts of the cool park he got to play in)

"What is this thing, and what am I supposed to do with it?"

"Oh, it feels kind of cool...."

"Here, mom. You can have a piece."

"Hmmm, it's all gone. I wish I could smash some more cake."

"Ooooh, presents!"

"My very own cell phone! Yipee!!!"

"I don't really know what is going on, but I am going along for the ride."

7 comments:

La said...

it goes by so fast doesn't it! he is too adorable.

The Black Widow said...

Happy Birthday to Reed! And, what a cute sweater and shoes he was wearing, I wonder which of his loving aunts got those...

mama donk aubri jo said...

crazy how fast a year goes! looks like it was a fun party :) and the sweater and shoes were quite adorable from his loving aunt :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! He looks adorable. I still can't believe my little one is growing so fast. SO sorry I couldn't make it! Let's get together to play soon!

Cami Kidd said...

Love the balloon pictures! It looks like you all had fun. Happy Birthday Reed!

Elliott said...

It was tons of fun! Thanks for inviting us =)

kristen said...

wow! 1 years old! Congratulations Reed! By the way, Kenna and Elizabeth have that same car seat I think...is it a Graco comfort sport?