June 2012

Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference, the photo shoot, and some potentially costly news

General Conference was this past weekend and it simply flew by! Sometimes it can drag on for me. It's just a lot of church talks in 2 days. But, this time, the talks flew by and before I knew it, Conference was over. I loved the talks! It is always so interesting to me how certain topics are covered a couple times, but from different points of view. I loved the adversity talks and the counsel to spread the gospel! Those are two of my favorite topics to hear about because there is always something that applies to me personally. I loved the whole thing and am a bit bummed that it all happened so fast! At least we get the Ensign in a few weeks. I love reading the talks after I have heard them. I will be giving more thoughts on the talks later on this year. Just you wait!

So, in March (before Reed's birthday), I took a bunch of pictures of Reed and never put them on the blog! What madness...I know! So, here is yet another photo shoot of the cutest little man, Reed. Hope you enjoy it!

In other news, I recently realized that all of my shorts and pants were falling off me! This is weird because I have never had this problem before. Tyson tells me that I should just buy a belt. It is hard for him to understand why that just won't do for me. My jeans looks all weird because I have gotten smaller - a strange phenomenon. I am actually about 10 pounds lighter now than I was when I got pregnant with Reed! The funny thing is I didn't have to do some crazy diet. I just started eating more healthy, continued running 5-6 times per week, and lifted weights at least once if not twice a week. It has been a miracle worker! But, the only problem is my clothes (well, mostly my pants) look just so funny on me now that I really want to go and buy all new stuff. The other problem is that we have no money to do that! Ugh, what to do....well, I did go to this thrift store called Unique and ended up getting two pairs of capris and guess what size they were?! Well, they were both size 4!!!! I was so excited! Actually, I did not know if they would fit because this store doesn't have a dressing room. But, I put them up to me and they seemed the right size. Plus, both pairs were $4 each, so I figured they could be my goal if they didn't quite fit. Plus, I had a $5 coupon for the store, so I spent like $3 on two pairs of capris! It can't get much cheaper than that. I am just really excited for myself because I have never really fit into a size 4. Now, I know that I can and I feel great! So, it may be potentially a little costly, but getting into shape has never felt so good!

How cute is that smile!

Uhhhh... Hi, mama

Look at me!

Handsome little guy :)

Looking at the airplanes (favorite thing ever!)

On the jungle gym

Look at me climbing up the stairs!

I just loved this one

I put this one in there because of Reed's tongue. He is always sticks his tongue out when he is concentrating hard on doing something.

So funny....

My little BYU baby...(I guess he is not really a baby anymore, but ah well)

Giving me "loves"

Finding hidden treasures in his Tonka truck

Still love those beautiful blue eyes

5 comments:

kt said...

so when do we get pictures of YOU?!?!? Congrats!

Kimber said...

ok, you have inspired me! My goal is to get back to a size 4 so now I know what I have to do...I just have to figure out how to do it with 2 kids. Its crazy how a second child can throw things off so much! Congrats!

Jen said...

Way to go, Janae!

Chelsea said...

Reed's "photo shoot" turned out awesome - what a handsome lil' guy! I love his big smile and beautiful eyes! Hope you guys are doing well - looks like spring is starting to show up for you back east!

mama donk aubri jo said...

he is getting so big and still so adorable, I love the tongue thing, apparently it is a grandpa walker trait, I do it, ah I am right now funny enough, and my kids do too when they are concentrating. Congrats on the weight loss, I have hate you now ;) but I bet it feels great! I am jealous can you tell :)