June 2012

Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Late Easter and The Farm

So, Reed and Tyson ended up getting their Easter ties from Grandma Walker the day after Easter....the mail is just super slow, but they still loved them! Reed was lucky enough to get 2 from Grandma - lime green and yellow. On Sunday, the boys decided to wear their ties, Reed chose his green tie. They looked great! Thanks Grandma Walker!

On Wednesday, Reed and I went to a fun playgroup activity at Frying Pan Farm. I was a little worried that it would be raining, but it ended up being pretty nice until the wind kicked in at the end. Reed was so excited to see all of the baby farm animals! There were baby lambs, cows, goats, and pigs! There were also adult horses, cows, goats, pigs, ducks, turkeys, hens, rabbits, and we even saw a peacock! It was pretty spectacular! All-in-all a fun day at the farm. Oh, and Reed got to pet a baby goat! Thanks to Jenny for organizing such a fun-filled morning! Oh yes, and Reed did see a dog (someone must have brought him to the farm) and started barking when he saw it! So cute :) He still loves dogs!




Here's one of the Easter ties! I think it looks awesome with Reed's vest!

Looking at me like, "I don't know what you are up to, but I will sit here anyways." Still gotta love those baby blues :)

Tyson and Reed with their Easter ties :)

The adorable baby lambs!

Reed and his pal, Justin, watching the baby lambs

Reed watching the cow....

Still watching the cow....he really loved watching the cow!

I am certainly glad that I probably will never have this many babies at one time. I know it's hard to see, but there are at least 10 piglets, if not more (I didn't get a good count), nursing their mom at once. Man, I would hate to be that mom! But, the pig did not seem to mind too much.

The baby cows!

Reed was watching the baby goats, but got distracted by another kid....normal

The turkey says, "Gobble. Gobble."

"Quack, quack," says the duck (Reed loves that sound).

Here is the gorgeous peacock. I find it a little unfair that the females get the shaft as far as looks are concerned in the peacock family.

He opened his feathers! It was amazing!

Reed loved watching the peacock strut his stuff!

Reed with his friend, Jane.

The horses - they were so beautiful!

Moo cow

Reed found the grass and decided to try and pick some.....

Of course, it went into his mouth. He has to taste test everything. I think he looks so much older in this picture, but I don't know why.

Then, he went back to pick more grass.....funny kid.

5 comments:

Cami Kidd said...

Good pictures! Reed is such a cutie.

shauntelle said...

animals are our favorites, we're going to the pig farm tomorrow, who knew they grew pigs in las vegas

kristen said...

aww, baby animals are so cute! I like your family picture by the cherry blossoms, too. Reed looks like such a big boy hanging on the fence watching the animals.

The Black Widow said...

I think maybe Reed was angry about the tie... Maybe he really wanted to wear the yellow one.

PriceFamily said...

I do believe that sweater is getting too small for him