June 2012

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blow Pops, Sleeping Babies, and Planes

The other day I went to pick up our dry cleaning and remembered why I hate taking stuff to be dry cleaned - it is so dang expensive!!!! So, I decided to take one of the blow pop suckers that was at the register - thinking about it now, I probably should have taken the whole cup full just to try and curb some of the cost of the dry cleaning..... but, I didn't. I will remember that next time.

So, I had actually not intended to eat it, even though I grabbed my favorite flavor, sour apple. I decided, instead, to let Reed try it! He loves little dum dum suckers, but had never tried the awesomeness of a blow pop (well, he won't get to experience the awesomeness of the gum center until a couple years down the road). So, after we were done with dinner, I gave it to him, just to see what he would do. He absolutely loved it!!!!He stuck the whole thing in his and began to suck and drool all down his clothes! It turned into a sticky mess, but he loved every minute of it! I finally took the sucker away when it was about half gone. I figured that is enough of a sugar rush for the next week :) Note to self: Blow pops create sticky messes and happy children! At least something fun comes out of a big dry cleaning bill :)

This is random, but the other day Reed fell asleep in the car and I just had to take some pictures! I just love pictures of sleeping babies. There is nothing quite so peaceful as a baby fast asleep. They look completely content and just beautiful. I also love his chunky cheeks (that are daily becoming less and less like a baby and more and more little boy like....mixed emotions about that one)!

On Saturday , we decided to go and watch the planes land in DC. There is this park right off George Washington Parkway that is right next to Reagan National Airport and the water. It is a perfect little spot for kite-flying and plane-watching (we forgot our kites, though....next time). Reed has been obsessed with planes for a while, but now he actually points out planes and helicopters every time he sees one in the sky. He can even hear them when we are inside! He had amazing hearing :) So, we weren't for sure if Reed would like it since the planes get super close and it's really loud, but we thought we should try. So, we got out our blanket and some snacks and found a spot (semi-close to the port-a-potties....we will avoid that spot next time) in the shade and waited for the planes. It was a beautiful day and tons of people had the same idea! So, I got a video of Reed and Tyson watching the planes land. It actually was pretty fun. Reed did get a bit nervous, at first. But, as long as we stayed close to him, he loved watching them land. He was a bit puzzled as to why he could hear the planes taking off, but not see them (they were taking off away from us)....but we will explain that to him a little later. It made for a fun family activity!!!!
The first suck of the sour apple blow pop.....

The sticky mess it soon became!

My sleeping baby!

I just love sleeping babies :)

Watching the planes land.....pretty sweet!



Reed and Tyson watching a plane land!

No comments: