June 2012

Monday, August 23, 2010

Inside Fun and Teething Biscuits

Eve has become very mobile, as I have mentioned before this post, and Reed either loves it or hates it. It just depends on the day. Some days he thinks it is so funny and fun to watch her swim her way across our floor. Other days he just thinks she is trying to get all of his toys (and he would be right). We are working on sharing and at least giving Eve one of his 10+ cars. If he really is having a hard time, he puts that toy on the couch and gives Eve something else to play with.

When Eve finds something she wants, she is like a little speedster across the carpet. She is now using her toes to push off, so I think it may help her to go a little faster and farther. One day, hopefully, not too soon, she will starting using her knees. That is when the true speed will really take off!

Reed tries to show her how to crawl. He says, "Come on, Eve. Like this." Then he proceeds to crawl super fast down the hallway. She follows him doing her swimming technique. Reed then laughs and says, "Eve funny" and usually will go and tickle her (hopefully not too hard or in the face). That is just another part of our inside fun!

Eve getting ready to find something fun.

Reed always wants to take pictures.

He just loves the camera.

Eve pausing for a break.


I missed Eve's smile by 1 second! Well, Reed looks awesome :) 1 out of 2 is not bad.


Reed copying Eve's swim crawl.


Eve has a fascination with stretchy objects. She found one on our music baskets.

Reed showing off for the camera.

Happy Eve!

Reed also LOVES to play with shaving cream! I learned this at the job I held at Clear Horizons Academy. I really do think having that job helped me to be much more confident in my capabilities as a mother. I also got a lot of fun ideas (I need to write them down soon) of things you can do inside. Shaving cream was always a hit with the kids (well, most of them) and it is always a hit with Reed. To save our table a little bit, I put the shaving cream in a big pan. We draw shapes, letters, snakes, and squish it between our fingers. It's a good time! Then, I just wash the pan. Well worth it.


Reed loves it every time!

Showing me how he squishes his fingers with the shaving cream.

Since Eve cannot have dairy or soy yet, it has restricted many of the things I can give her that I cannot make myself. But, I am very grateful to Whole Foods. It literally has been a lifesaver for my sanity. I have found Lara Bars that I can eat and the little puffs finger food that Eve can eat! The regular Gerber/Beechnut, etc... puffs have at least soy products in them, so they are a no go. But, these other puffs are called Happy Baby Organic Puffs and they contain no soy, no corn, and no dairy. Yes, they do contain wheat, rice, and oats. I was so excited for these! I like them because they dissolve faster than Cheerios (another finger food that Eve CAN have).

Eve is at the stage where she wants to do it herself. She loves when she can put something into her mouth by herself. She has quite the independent streak. Therefore, these puffs are awesome for her! I give her a little bit on her tray and then get the rest of her food ready. She is so happy!!! She is still working on the mashing food with her gums, so the puffs are still a good choice because they dissolve pretty fast.

I also found teething biscuits that do not contain dairy or soy. Thanks again, Whole Foods. They are called Healthy Times Premium Organic Teething Biscuits. They are ULTRA MESSY (view photos below), but Eve was so happy while she was chomping away. I should have taken her clothes off, but did not even think about it until I saw the mess. Thankfully, it washed out very easily. Note for the next time: teething biscuits are messy, so always give them to a naked (or almost naked) baby!

I mean, seriously, could she be any happier?!

She also gets very focused on things. It looks as if she is protecting her teething biscuit. From what, I know not.

2 comments:

Kimber said...

OH MAN!! I love that baby Eve and Reed cracks me up! Can't wait to have you visit here again!

Kami Schultz said...

Seriously, write down all your good ideas ASAP... then post them. I'm at a loss most days for fun, inside activities. And with winter approaching, I'd LOVE some inspiration!!! :)