June 2012

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8 Months

On August 23rd Eve turned 8 months! It is hard to believe that 8 months ago she was just a 6 lb. 1 oz. little baby. Now, she is definitely a lot bigger :) She is such a girl - that is what I have decided. On the whole, she is such a happy and giggly baby. However, when she gets upset, she is upset! The pendulum of emotions swings more dramatically both ways (happy/sad). In other words, she is a girl. Yes, I am a girl, but I am not afraid to admit that I am much more dramatic and emotional than Tyson has ever thought of being.

Another way in which I think Eve is "girlie" is her love for babies! Ever since she was a few months old, she had loved other little babies. She gets so giggly around them and just wants to touch them. Likewise, she does the same with dolls that look like human babies (especially the ones with blinking eyes). She laughs and loves on that baby. She is just a born nurturer.

At 8 months Eve is also doing the following fun things:

* So close to crawling on all fours that it hurts - Today (8/31/2010) she crawled on all fours for the first time! I got back from running and she saw me and crawled at least 4 crawls! Crazy! She has done again for a few more crawls today. The even moremobile future is not too far away!
* Cutting at least 2 new teeth (possibly 4)
* Trying more and more types of food
* Getting faster at going across the floor and getting Reed's toys
* Sort of waving
* Sometimes saying "done/finished" in sign language by hitting her food tray
* Starting to really be afraid of strangers holding her, especially if I am holding her and pass her off to them
* Babbling and making all sorts of fun noises
* Has a stubborn streak when it comes to being calmed by people - I am definitely #1 on the list and Tyson is a distant 2nd

I love you little miss! Happy 8 months!

Awwww, sibling love :)

Eve is just sort of scratching her eye as if to say, "Mom, will you hurry up? I am not going to smile, so don't even try."

1 comment:

Elisha Jones said...

Why do babies have to grow so darn fast? She's a sweetie! Oh, and it's cute she loves babies, but I can't say that's a girlie thing since Harrison loves 'em too:)