June 2012

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Food and such

Well, I officially started Eve on solid food June 4th. She tried a little of Earth's Best Organic baby rice cereal. Before Eve, I thought all rice cereals were the same. Turns out, I was completely mistaken. Some of them have what seems like millions of ingredients, some have stuff like soy in them, and some are white rice instead of brown. Also, when you mix the cereals up some of them turn into paste instead of a soupy oatmeal-like cereal. After talking to the nurse who specializes in GI she suggested Earth's Best for baby cereals. So, I bought that one. It is brown rice, iron-fortified (like all the others) and only has 3 ingredients: brown rice, vitamin E, and iron.

Eve seemed to do pretty well with it. It still is a bit confusing for her because her tongue just keeps getting in the way :) She has a really great time while eating, which is always fun. She makes Reed laugh so hard that he starts turning red, which, in turn, makes me laugh. So, meal times are always fun with Eve. So far, no reactions to her rice cereal. Phew!

She has also tried pears and had no reaction to them. Her first bite (of any food) is always with this crazy "What is this stuff?" look on her face. But, by the second bite, she seems to like it. So, pears are a like! Yahoo!

Today she tried sweet potatoes. She seemed to like them. I guess we will find out if she has any adverse reaction to them. But, she had just as good of time with them as with pears and the rice cereal. So, we are on our way to real food! Hopefully, all goes well.

She is pretty much this happy every time she eats :)

I tried to get the picture of her waving her arms in excitement, but it didn't quite work.

I just love that chubby-cheek smile with the disappearing eyes!

The other day, it was just too hot and humid to try and do anything outside (Let me clarify - humid heat is WAY WORSE than dry heat. It was 90+ degrees, but with high humidity, which means it felt like it was around 110 degrees with the mugginess of humidity. Yuck!). There were also 1 million bugs (I counted....1 million....really) outside, and I just could not handle it. So, we filled our day up with inside activities. Here are just some of things we did to have fun around our little apartment:

Bouncy things! Eve enjoyed her bouncy chair every so often. She loves pulling on the bird to make the song play. Not pictured: Eve in her jumperoo. She could stay in that thing for hours! She loves to bounce and loves all the things that are on her jumperoo. She can turn around in a circle and find new things every time she turns. It's awesome how happy she is!

Bath time! Reed (usually) loves bath time. He just enjoys the water and his fun toys (although most of them are cups and such).

Painting! Reed loves to pain with the water colors. He usually ends up picking the same color over and over for a while. When he gets tired of that one he choose another color. Then, he paints with that one over and over. He really loves to paint circles!

Floor time! Eve loves to roll around on the floor. We put little toys out for her and she loves to get them and chew on them. Reed made sure that I took this picture. I was actually trying to get more of him painting, but he said, "No, mama. Picture baby." "Ok then." I got this cute one :)

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

Thanks for the rice tip, you would think after 3 babies I would have tried them all but I never swayed from gerber which I usually try 3 times and look at the white sticky grossness and think hmm I wouldn't eat it either and its just white rice which isn't great anyway. So when Ry,an is ready I will for sure try your brand :) Cute kids as always! I am feeling your humidity issue a little, we aren't even that hot yet (or as humid as you I am sure) and I am dying, dry heat is best!!!

Kara said...

Eve is so chunky! So cute.
I also agree. Humidity is way worse than dry heat. Yuck!