June 2012

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Animals and a Beautiful Temple

I am almost done with my May posts! May was such a busy month, but definitely a lot of fun :)

Reed LOVES going to the zoo. He just loves looking at all the animals and running around outside. So, when I told him that we were going to the zoo for our playgroup he was ecstatic! It is the only thing he wanted to talk about for the 3 days prior to actually going. My fault for telling him that far in advance. But, it was adorable to see how excited he was.

We went to a few new areas that I have never visited. We saw the kid's farm area filled with cows, alpaca, rabbits, birds, and I am sure some other fun animals. Reed loved the waterfall (no surprise there) and even enjoyed watching the turtles that were swimming in the little pond right by the waterfall. We saw the lions and tigers (but not the bears, oh my) which was intriguing to Reed. I think it was intriguing mostly because we had to lift him up to see them. We also saw the lemurs (always reminds me of the movie Madagascar) hanging from a tree and even got to run through the misters! Yahoo for summer time!

Eve was a good sport throughout the whole thing despite me forgetting her pacifier! Have I mentioned it was SUPER hot and humid?! Yeah, she even survived and was still happy! Can't complain about my cute little (well, not so little anymore) baby. She was mistaken for a boy a few times because I dressed her in a neutral outfit that had a little bit of blue on it. Ah well....she still looked cute! She had to wear it because it had little zoo animals on it!

After we left the zoo is all Reed could talk about still! He just loves the animals. I am so glad that we live in a place where the zoo is free! I guess you do have to pay for parking, but we have a season pass (thanks, dad) that allows us to park for free. So, we will be making many more zoo trips!

The waterfall...Reed could have stayed there all day

The Lemur hanging out in his tree

Lazy tiger

Pensive lion

I think Reed might have been pondering on how to get over the wall and get closer to the lion

Happy Eve

Even though I had not gotten the all clear from the doctor about the soy thing, I gave Eve some rice cereal ne time on May 27th. I know, I know, I am a bad mom. It was only a teaspoon and she did great!!!! She did quite get the tongue movement and the texture was a little weird at first, but she swallowed more than not. I chalk that up to success! Way to go Eve!


On May 29th, we decided that it was time for a little family visit to the temple. Reed has seen lots of pictures of temples and we have talked about the temple. He has even been to visit the temple, but I don't think he remembered that he had been there. So, we went. It was a beautiful day and the temple was even more beautiful. It was wonderful to be able to walk around the grounds and feel of the spirit there. I am missing the temple quite a bit. I haven't been able to go since Eve was born. The timing of feedings and naps, etc. just has not worked out for when we can get my parents to come over. I may just end up going by myself, just so that I can go again. So, visiting the outside was awesome for me! It really is an amazing place with an amazing spirit!

"I Love to See the Temple" is now one of Reed's favorite songs! It's one of mine as well :)

Reed's point of view

Daddy and Eve

Reed was a good stroller pusher (funny thing about that sucker is that it mostly stayed in his hand and not in his mouth)

Happy Eve

Happy Reed

He stuck it in his mouth? It was a shocker because he was just holding it for a really long time.

Family photos....but, he missed the whole temple, so let's try again.

Perfect! My Eternal Family!!!

No comments: