June 2012

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apples and Backs

Recently, Reed has loved getting his own apples out of the fridge. He can open the door himself (I know, a bit scary, but he does a good job of closing it and only taking out things he can eat) and open the fruit drawer himself. He will usually come to me and ask me to take the sticker off. Then, we both chomp the apple until it is gone. Well, a few times, he has gotten an apple without my knowledge. I don't think he has eat any stickers, but I do find apples randomly strewn across the apartment. I think he likes tasting all the apples or something. He takes some bites, gets bored, and is done unless I eat it with him. So, I call him my apple taster. It sounds better than apple thief.


Just some of the fun apples I find lying around my apartment.


The words about babies sleep is that "Back is best." It is a bit confusing since my mom grew up with the "Tummy is best" philosophy from the doctors. I am betting that in 15 years or so, they are going to come out with some new research and change their minds again, this time saying that "Side is best" or something like that. While I guess I am in agreement that back is best for infants, you can't always keep your rolling babies on their backs. The minute Eve starting rolling over, she slept on her tummy. I still always put her down on her back, but she rolls within the first 5 seconds after I put her down to sleep. Also, even before she could fully roll, she usually slept on her side. I am positive that she slept like that in the womb. Babies will sleep however they want, once they are mobile. This is something I keep discovering with Reed and Eve.

I know it's dark, but this is Eve sleeping not only on her tummy, but with her face buried in her mattress. Normally, she turns her head to the side, but apparently, this was more comfortable that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sophie used to ust put the apples back in the fridge or dump them in my lap.
Once they roll, you know they're good. I'm convinced Ryan slept on his tummy in womb (sort of), because he came out demanding to be on his tummy. Once I was sure he could pick up his head & turn it just fine, I gave in. Oh well! :)

PriceFamily said...

So cute. I usually find apples half eaten at my house too. I can't wait to see you guys!!!

mama donk aubri jo said...

I sleep my babies on their side from day one, and then when they move they move :) The face down pose does make me a little nervous sometimes :I