June 2012

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cabin John Park

June 11th was a good day for us! We went to this fabulous park called Cabin John Park with some of our play group. Each time I go to a new park I am amazed at how many things there are to do here! It seems that the possibilities are endless and not too far away. Anyways.....

One of the coolest things is that they have a train that goes on a 15-minute ride around the park. I think it's one of the best little kids trains I have ever been on! It is $1.75 to ride the train and children 2 and under are free. So basically, I paid $1.75 for all 3 of us. That sure beats the train at the mall that costs $3 per rider!

Reed was really scared at the beginning, and I completely blame myself. When we were at the mall a few days prior he wanted to ride the train. I told him he could go if he rode by himself (the train does 2 little circles and I can see him the whole time). He said yes at first, but back out at the end. So, when we were going on this train, I think he thought I was going to make him ride it by himself. He was pretty upset, but we got on it anyways. As soon as it started and I was still sitting next to him, Reed had a great time! We went through all the trees and passed by the park (which is huge, by the way) and just had a grand time.

Then, we played at the playground. They are so many little playgrounds at this park. I loved it! It's like one of my other favorite parks, Clemyjontri, but this one is better because it is shaded by lots of trees. Reed loved the swings, all the pay houses, climbing up and down, and going down the slides. He could have stayed all day long. Unfortunately, we had to leave and Reed was distraught, but eventually said bye bye to the park. I guess that is a good thing - it means he really liked it. We will definitely be going there again!

Eve was great the whole time. She really seemed to love the trees and all the kids running back and forth. She is such a social baby. She likes to be in the middle of the action (unless she is too tired) and see what is going on around her. Sounds like me, right?! I think so.

We got in the car and the kids just fell asleep. It was nap time and they had been playing hard all morning. I decided to stay in the car and go all the way downtown. Tyson had Impact Day for work and was in D.C. moving headstones at the Congressional Cemetery. He actually had a lot of fun and got off at 2 p.m.! I can't complain.

I picked him up and then we went to the Museum of Natural History, meeting up with Tyson's Aunt Susie and family. They were in town on a senior trip for their youngest daughter. I always have a good time with them. They are just funny people! We walked around for a while, just chatting and catching up. We ended up going to dinner that night and even seeing them the next day!

On Saturday, we took them to Great Falls National Park, my favorite spot to take visitors. Reed was a great guide and led us to the waterfall. We looked at the waterfall from a bunch of different angles and also enjoyed watching the crazy people in kayaks go down the waterfall! Reed loved the dirt, birds, and finding his way around all the people. All-in-all a great weekend :)

The train

Reed wondering if I am actually going to sit with him


The play group


Some of our friends :)

My cute kids and me


Swings are ALWAYS a fun thing for Reed

This was one of my favorites

Reed enjoyed the slide

Beautiful Eve

Just chillin'

Reed could have played in this house all day long

Peeking

There's a smile

No comments: