June 2012

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day, Loves, and Haircuts

Mother's Day was pretty awesome! First, I got these flowers - roses to be exact....always a good thing to get! Thanks to Tyson and Reed :) On Sunday morning, Tyson made me pancakes with chocolate chips in them and we had Tropicana OJ...my favorite that I almost never get :) Tyson also got me a package of Rolos which he ended up eating most of and a new ice cream scoop! This was the best present EVER because Tyson broke our last ice cream scoop. I guess he is just too strong or something like that :) He got one of the Wilton ones that are supposed to be break-proof.....we shall see about that one! But, it was nice to be with my boys! Then, we headed over to my parents house for some German pancakes, another favorite, and we were able to talk to my sister Kristy who is on her mission in Taiwan! All-in-all a great day! Happy Mother's Day to me :)
Coolest ice cream scoop ever! Thanks for breaking our first one, Tys!


Just showing off the blue eyes

Seriously, could he be any cuter?!

Reed loves to give LOVES (like a hug). He always gives us loves before he goes to bed and periodically throughout the day. Well, Friday night, Tyson was lying on the flooer, probably taking a power nap or something and Reed went right up to him and gave him loves right on his head (so, basically Reed laid on Tyson's head)! It was so funny, and he ended up doing it a couple of times! It was just one of those funny moments...I guess you had to be there......but I did take some pictures :) Enjoy!






Yes, I broke down and gave Reed a haircut! I know, I know, there are many of you who are upset and I am a little upset, just because I love the curls. But, if Reed's hair stays the same as last time, his curls will be back in like a month. I thought it would be good to give him a summer haircut and prepare him for the Vegas heat, since we will be there in less than a week! I also knew that I would be persuaded into cutting his hair while in Vegas if I didn't do it before we left. So, Tyson and I did it - we cut Reed's hair.

It was no easy task! First, he is such a wiggle bug anyways, that trying to get him to sit still is a chore. But, he HATES the feel of the clippers on his head....I think it's the vibrations. So, that causes him to cry and scream and wiggle even more. He flails his arms and just has the saddest look on his face.....but we were able to calm him down a little bit by singing. Needless to say, the haircut is not perfect, but it does the job :)

He got a sucker after wards and was pretty content with that. Then, he got to watch daddy get his haircut and he actually liked watching! Go figure :) So, a bit traumatic - when does it get less traumatic for them? But, at least, it is done! Phew! Thanks for the help in holding him, Tys :)



He already looks a little suspicious - as if to say, "Why are you taking all these pictures of me with just my diaper on? Also, why is dada holding me so close?"

The before back

Everything seems alright, right now......

The post-haircut sucker - if you look close, you can see the tears in his eyes...poor kid! :(

Post-bath and haircut - completely back to himself! What a handsome little man :) Tyson's haircut doesn't look too bad either!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I have that exact ice cream scoop! I got it as a bridal shower gift from my Grandma. I'm sure it won't break on you. It has lasted us four years already and it's still going strong :)

I love Reed's new haircut. I'm sure the curls will be back in no time.

mama donk aubri jo said...

he is so stinking cute but yes the haircut makes me a little sad and I can hear peggy already if you hadn't :) p.s. I love the pictures of the loves, so precious :)

James and Amy said...

Oh, his haircut looks great. :) those are adorable pictures of Reed giving loves to Tyson. My family has always called hugs -- loves also. I have converted James into saying it too. I love it.

loves from the Blooms :)

PriceFamily said...

Morale of the story...Don't take naps on the floor where Reed can get you. lol He's so cute! The haircuts get better. Kenzi's 3 and she kind of held still for me. She kept moving her head to see what was going on but other than that she was an angel.

Memorable Wrappers said...

Why is Tyson sleeping on the floor? Does he miss the hard mattresses in Thailand? Love the studly pics of Reed, especially his pre-cut GQ pose.