June 2012

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lunch

Lunch is always fun at my house :) Reed loves to eat finger foods, so normally he has cheese, grapes (or other fruits), cucumbers, pieces of meat, crackers, and even so yogurt. Yes, he is a big lunch eater.

The other day I let Reed drink out of a plastic cup without the sippy part on it. He really loves drinking like a big boy. Normally, I still hold the cup, just so it doesn't get everywhere. However, this time I did not because there was just a little bit of water in it. Actually, Reed did VERY WELL drinking it by himself, at first. But, after that first drink, he decided it would be fun to shake the cup up and down. Water went flying everywhere! Luckily, it was just water :) He got it all over the table and then started playing with the water - funny kid. Also in the process he had gotten water all down the front of his shirt, which I conveniently had not put a bib that day! But, he was so happy and giggling, it was really hard not to laugh. So, we laughed together and has a great lunch!


Drinking with no sippy top

Spilling the rest of the water....

Part of the mess that was made...

Looking a little drunk on water. Almost nap time for sure.


Deciding what to eat...it is a tough decision

Eating a cucmber. Notice the water all down the front :)

He loves his lunch! I love his face in this picture! This cuteness is what I get to play with every day :)

I really do love this little man. Every day is a new adventure for us. Today his 6th tooth broke the skin (he always seems to get his teeth in twos). It is crazy to think that he is growing up!

On Sunday, I played the piano at one my paino student's baptism. It was so neat to see her enter the waters of baptism and follow Christ's example! She even gave me a hug before everything and said that it meant a lot that I could come! How sweet! Then, it got me thinking to 7 years down the road when Reed will be taking those same steps! It almost got me crying just thinking about the faithfulness of these amazing kids. I am so blessed to be a mom! Although it can be rough, at times, it is by far the best thing I have ever decided to do in my life :)

3 comments:

Bloom Family said...

Ok, those locks of hair... I love it. :) I don't know why I've never noticed before that he had curly hair. I would be reluctant to cut it too!

Megan said...

Can you be our piano teacher? Reed sounds like he is growing up and you are such a great mom. keep it up!

Kimber said...

Vance is so excited for you to come! He wants Reed to watch Horton Hears A Who with him when he comes!