June 2012

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blogging Moments

First... Meet Sasha.
She is my 8-year-old niece and last Saturday was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so excited for you Sash! It was very neat to be there for your baptism and confirmation!

Tyson, Reed, and I drove down on Saturday and met up with my brother, Brandon, his wife, Kim, their 7 children (Tyler, Lanae, Sasha, Coleman, Josh, Alia, and Sawyer), my brother, Michael, Grandpa and Grandma Rowberry, and Kim's parents, Grandpa and Grandma Spears. It was a fun family gathering! We are glad that we live close enough to see them :)


Sasha in her baptism dress made by Grandma Spears

The true blogging moments came near the end of it all. After Sasha's baptism, she was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and given the Holy Ghost. Tyson had been asked to stand in the circle to help with that confirmation. So, I was holding Reed and he was happily drinking his milk. When he was done, I put him down and put his milk away. I think it took all of 5 seconds, maybe even less, for me to put it away, but Reed had already taken off towards Tyson. He got there before I did, pulled on his pant leg and said, "Da da." I quickly whisked him away into the hallway before giving Reed a huge smile. Yes, maybe not the most appropriate thing to do right then. But seriously, though, that was so cute! Reed knows his daddy :)

Later that evening, at Brandon ad Kim's house, their kids were all jumping on uncle Michael and being loud and fun. Then I look over at Reed and he is in the corner reading books! Yeah, he is definitely not used to other kids being around! So funny :) I love you little man.....

Tyson and Reed - He loves his daddy

The whole gang

Brandon and Kim Rowberry Family

2 comments:

heather said...

So glad that you got to be with family for something so special!
Also, so cute that Reed said "Dada"! Those moments are awesome.
Oh yes, by the way I ran into your sister that lives here in Vegas a couple of weeks ago for a Primary Stake Meeting. I actually tried to leave a comment on another post but it was being weird and wouldn't let me. I'm so happy that today blogger is allowing me to leave you a comment. :)

James and Amy said...

How cute for him to run up and say hi to his Daddy. I agree maybe not the best timing ... but I would have loved it to. :) James has some summer days off here, so we'll have to give you guys a call!