June 2012

Friday, May 1, 2009

Bluebells, Ties, and BBQ Sauce

Every time Reed and I go to our little playground he climbs up this yellow tube and looks out the hole. I hide and then jump out and say, "Boo!" and he just giggles and giggles. I finally got a shot of it! Gotta love play time!Spying on the other kids at the playground

Focusing on the dog that just passed

Seeing an airplane


Last Saturday Tyson, Reed, and I went Bull Run Park to see the bluebells. Apparently, we missed the absolute peak season which was about 2 weeks ago (mental note for next year), but we decided to go anyways, just to see what it was like. At first, I was a bit skeptical because we couldn't find any bluebells. I figured they must all be gone, but we kept going along the path that claimed it would lead us to the bluebells. We had quite the adventure at the beginning because it was all muddy and they had placed wood slats across so that you did not have to walk in the mud. The only problem with that was we brought a stroller for Reed and we were having to carry it across all these slats! Reed gets heavy! So, we ditched the stroller behind a tree (hoping it would not get stolen) and continued on across the wooden slats trying not to get mud on ourselves. I was still doubtful, but right when I thought the bluebells might not be around anymore, I saw a river and across the river was a forest bed of bluebells! It was beautiful!

Reed was scared of the river at first, but then wanted to go over the edge to the water! Yeah, we are going to have to watch that one. He loves water so much! He also loved the flowers, sticks, and anything that he could pull! We snapped a few good photos, but Tyson had me sit on this log and it is just not the most flattering picture of Reed and me, but I am posting it anyways...to prove I was there!

I will definitely go back next year during the peak time because it will be even better! Actually, the walk in a loop of about 1.5 miles. We did not go much of the loop, but those are the plans for next year. An added bonus is since we live in Fairfax County, we got into the park for free (if not, it is a $7 fee). So, we will definitely be going there again and will even make it to the old battlefields just up the road! Fun family adventures :)

So we went from this......

and this....


to this....


and this! Phew! I am glad that the mud didn't go on forever :)

I just think this picture is so cute because Reed is resting his hand on Tyson. Ah, father/son bonding time! Oh, and of course, Reed is holding a stick!


I kept snapping pictures of Reed to try and get a good one....I think I succeeded on about the 5th try :)









On our way home we stopped by Walmart to looking for a pot for my Easter flowers and found that and something even more exciting - - a baby camping chair for Reed!!!! Yahoo! He didn't know what to think at first, but now is loving sitting in it!

I don't know what I am supposed to do in this thing, but it's pretty cool!

On Sunday, Reed wore his yellow Easter tie. We decided that I should show my Easter flowers (not planted yet)...so, that is what Reed is holding. I love that yellow tie. Happy Easter again!


On Sunday night we ended up having some chicken nuggets for dinner. Of course, Tyson wanted bbq sauce. Luckily, I had made a batch about a week ago. It is Grandma Walker's recipe, the one that Tyson grew up with, and I must say that it is probably my favorite bbq sauce! Reed is another fan, Grandma Walker! These pictures prove it! Sometimes he'll even suck the bbq sauce off the chicken nugget and then ask for some more sauce to go on his nugget! Sill boy :) He definitely has good taste. So, thanks for the recipe!!!!

I love bbq sauce!!!!


It really does taste amazing :)

Reed still enjoying the camping chair on Sunday night. I would like to give a shout out to Bruce Woodbury who provided this shirt many years ago! It almost fits Reed now :)

2 comments:

Cami Kidd said...

What a good looking family. It's funny how much kids like little chairs. Claire has a little table and chairs that she loves.

mama donk aubri jo said...

Mar is very jealous of the homemade ties, he wants want, I will have to call Peg. I love little chairs, my boys do too, But I think I originally buy them for me because they are so cute :)