June 2012

Monday, August 15, 2011

Playing and Art

This summer has been interesting as far as weather is concerned. Our spring was not the normal loveliness it usually is. It seems like it was kind of dreary and then we went right into summer. Nuts - spring is one of my favorites (especially since I don't suffer from spring allergies). Being pregnant during the summer months has made this summer even more interesting because when it's hot outside, I am even more hot and that is no fun! We have been creative on the super hot days - playing inside somewhere or going to the pool or a combination of both.

Mid-July seemed to be particularly hot and humid - I've decided that it's the humidity that really kills me. There is something about being sticky all the time that just is no fun. True, I did it on my mission, so I can do it. It's just, I don't like to choose to do it. So, instead of sweating our brains out outside, we found lots of indoor play areas or played games at our house. This was a day we decided to go to the Tyson's Corner mall play area. Reed is definitely a climber and jumper! Eve is a climber and slider. They are just so much fun!


Reed wanted to show off his spikey hair.

Everytime I tried to get Eve in action, she would just walk toward the camera.

Starting to jump...

Mid-air!
Another fun activity that Reed did this summer was a little art class hosted by Brooks' mom (Brooks is one of his preschool buddies) Once a week, they would meet and learn something new about art and color. Reed loved it and just being able to play with Brooks! He got to stay a little after class was over because that was when I was teaching my few summer piano students. So, that made it even more fun because these boys just love to play with each other. They are so similar (I say that all the time, but it's still true!). The class was cut a bit short due to a move and packing and things, but here is what he learned for the 4 weeks of class (end of June until mid-July):

Primary Colors and Mixing Them

Shapes

Symmetry

Texture (this one feels really cool)
So, hopefully, it's been a fun enough summer for the kids! I can't believe that it is already coming to an end! Time goes by too quickly!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

You must have a great looking fridge with all that fine art coming in!