June 2012

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Bunk Bed

As promised, here are pictures of the finished product. Reed sleeps on the top (because he is such a big boy) and Eve sleep in her 'big girl bed' on the bottom bunk. So far, things have worked out pretty well. Eve has fallen off a few times, but has not broken or cut anything in the process, so that's always a plus! She loves going to sleep on her big girl bed and Reed loves that he gets to climb up to his bed!

I think the beds turned out awesome and am so proud of Tyson for even attempting to do something that I would never have the guts to try and build. Just for the sake of memory - we stained the wood with Ipswich Pine (3 coats). Enjoy!!

They really do love their beds!

This is Reed's "ladder" to get up to his bed.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Great job Tyson! The bunk bed looks amazing!

Megan said...

I am so impressed! The beds look great! Hope that baby comes soon!

Bloom Family said...

Great Job Tyson! James will be so proud. ok,so I've been out of he blogging world for so long I didn't even know you were expecting! um, congrats! I can't tell exactly when you're due but it sounds soon! I'llbe looking for an update!

Deanne said...

Great job! The beds look awesome and I bet the kids love them!

Katrina said...

They look awesome! I am so impressed!