June 2012

Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Reunion and 18 months!

Yes, I am still catching up. With the birth of my 3rd child in the not-to-distant future (I am due in 3 weeks and have not made it to my due date yet), I have really been organizing and trying to prepare as best I can for this next little girl. But, here are some fun things we did at the end of June!

June 19th-24th we had a Rowberry family reunion in Orange, CT. My brother lives in New Haven (or Hamden, I always forget), so it was only about 20 minutes from his house. We stayed in these old cabins and had the camp area all to ourselves. It ended up being a great time (although I was completely exhausted by the end of it)! It was colder than we thought it would be, but it all worked out in the end :) Here are some of the fun things we did:

Hiked to a cool-looking mini-castle structure (along the way Reed fell and cut his gum and banged up his head. Poor kid is always getting scrapes/bruises on his head)
Reed got hit in the head with a frisbee
Older kids went geo-cashing (a new way to get people out and walking around)
Ate lots of good food prepared by each family (we cooked Thai food for our lunch meal - I was shocked when I saw kids putting cheese on it, but at least they ate it, right?)
Eve cut yet another tooth (more to come in a blog post to come about her teeth)
Went to a beautiful beach (Reed had a blast in the sand and water; Eve was scared of the waves, but loved the sand)
'Ran' a family 5k (I started to run it while pushing a stroller, but had to walk because I got cramps. Also, it started raining, so that was interesting. Reed and Eve were freezing by the time it was all over, but Tyson did finish the 5k)
Played lots of games with adults and kids (Reed's favorite: Don't Eat Pete, my favorite: Bohnanza)
Had a family talent show = kids from each family did something
Had a flag ceremony each morning where my nephew, Joseph, played the trumpet
Slept on not-so-comfortable beds, but we were so tired that we just fell asleep almost immediately
The warm water in the girls bathroom was either scalding or cold, so it was hit and miss
Had relay races
The adults went to a fun Indian restaurant while the kids stayed at camp, watched a movie, and ate chicken nuggets (of course, there were babysitters that came from my brother's ward)
Lot of late night chats with my siblings - which is always fun

I may be missing some stuff, but that is a quick run-down of what we did. After we cleaned and checked out on Friday, we (Tyson, Reed, Eve, Kristy, and myself) drive to Rhode Island for a little bit. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to check off yet another state on my goal to visiting all 50 states! It took about 1 1/2-2 hours to get there. We ate dinner at some random pizza place and then went to the beach and just played. Rhode Island is gorgeous! The sand was awesome! We saw lots of surfers and some of the biggest shells (in great condition) that I have ever seen! Now I just want to go back :)

Sadly, I brought my camera to all these things, but did not take a single picture! I finally remembered about my camera when we were in Rhode Island, but it turns out that my battery was dead anyway! Ah well. I think Tyson may have some pictures on his phone from RI along with Kristy. Hopefully they will make it to the blog someday. As for pictures from the family reunion, I am supposed to be getting some fairly soon.

June 27th, Eve had her 18-month check-up! Here are the stats:

Weight: 22 lbs. 10 oz. - 30%
Height: 31 1/2 in. - 40%
Head Circumference: 18 3/4 in. - 70%

So, despite Eve's eating habits (she eats a ton!), she apparently does not like to gain weight. Ah well! She also had just gotten back from vacation (family reunion) and so she was more active than at home and probably ate less. I also think that she was actually taller that 31 1/2 in, but each nurse measures a little differently.

She was a trooper when getting her DTaP vaccination and she also got tested for anemia and lead (I usually test low on iron, so I always get my kids tested). Turns out, she does not have anemia and there is no lead (from lead-based paints and such) in her blood. She is just a healthy little girl!

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

I cannpt believe she is so tiny! Good to have a sweet little petite girl though :) I think Rylan was pushing 30 lb.s this month. He is my little giant :)

Jason and Elisha said...

Tell your kids, as I'm sure you do, to stop growing! They're getting so big, but at least they're super cute:) Good luck these last weeks of pregnancy!