June 2012

Friday, June 3, 2011

EASTER!

Yes, Easter was over a month ago and yes, I am writing about it now. Just a quick update. Easter is always a fun time for us. We dyed our eggs Saturday and that was a blast. Sunday morning the kids woke up to a little Easter egg hunt around the apartment. We all thought Eve would need lots of help finding the eggs, but we were wrong! Once she realized what was in them (candy), she quickly found and opened eggs before I even realized what she was doing! Smart little girl :) Reed did a great job finding eggs and was especially excited when he found green ones with jelly beans in them - he really is like his daddy!

Before church I was able to have a nice talk with Reed about what Easter really means. We talked about Jesus and how he died for us, but came back again (was resurrected) so that we can live again and have a chance to live with our Heavenly Father. He is such a smart kid! He seriously just gets things and remembers them. He still talks about it. So here are some of our morning adventures:


Showing Eve an egg.

Reed took off very speedily to find other eggs.

Eve stopped for a moment when she realized a picture was being taken (don't mind my mismatched pajamas)

After all the eggs were found! Also, showing off their new books!

Easter clothes! Eve's dress and Reed's tie were made thanks to Grandma Walker! I found his suit at a consignment sale for $7! He even said, as we were putting on the suit, "Mommy, daddy looks just like me!" since they were both wearing suits. Adorable!

How perfect is this picture! Pure Reed!

Pure Eve :)
I love Eve's eyes in this picture.

I actually taught the Young Women's lesson on Easter as well. I ended up having about 45 minutes to teach, which is awesome for me (I tend to be long-winded and had a lot prepared). The lesson went very well and I felt the Spirit super strong as we were discussing Jesus Christ. It was a wonderful day!

No comments: