June 2012

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boston: Day 2

Have I mentioned that I love our GPS?! Well, it pretty much got us around Boston with no problem. That was a concern since Boston has so many one-way streets and such. True, sometimes the GPS gives odd directions, but it pretty much always gets you to where you want to be. So, yes, I heart our GPS :)

On Saturday, we went to the Boston temple. It was fabulous! It's a beautiful temple and has really nice grounds. I am so used to seeing the D.C. temple, that this one looked small, but it was normal size. I forgot the camera, so hopefully I will get pictures from Tyson's dad (I still need to ask for them) that he took on his cell phone. Random note: Whenever I am pregnant and go to the temple, the baby starts kicking and moving a ton! I love it! It just reminds me where our babies truly come from - I know our little girl was with us when we were in the temple that day. :)

After the temple we went to Harvard Square for lunch and were going to go on a little tour of Harvard, but it started raining. Welcome to Boston, right?! So, we drove around Harvard campus and then on to the MIT Science Museum. It was really interesting seeing the different inventions and crazy stuff that these geniuses come up with! I just don't think I am wired that way, but it is still super interesting. Tyson was in heaven - he really should be a science teacher or something :)

After the museum, we went to Bunker Hill (which we missed on Day 1 since we were all exhausted) and looked around. The monument reminded me of the Washington monument to a smaller scale. Then, we headed off to dinner at the Oyster House - the oldest restaurant in Boston that is still operating. We even got to sit in the The Kennedy Booth (where President Kennedy liked to sit when he came to eat). After dinner we walked through the Holocaust memorial (6 glass pillars). That was one of the things I remembered from visiting Boston as a teenager and I really wanted to see them again. I was so happy that we found them and got to see them.

We headed over to Harvard Square again so that I could get a book for Reed and Eve (about Paul Revere - pretty sweet) and had to stop for sme J.P. Lick's ice cream, of course. It was FABULOUS! If you are in Boston, you need to go there - the black raspberry was the favorite flavor! Delicious!

It was another great (allbeit chilly) day in Boston!

View coming into the city

Walking up to Bunker Hill

The Bunker Hill Monument


Don't you just love our crazy faces? Jared looks insane, and Tyson and I look like we are on drugs or something. Oh, this is the Oyster House

Staring contest between Jared and JFK - it was a close match.

Holocaust Memorial

1 comment:

sassy red said...

Wow, what a fun trip! I love the pictures, it looks beautiful there! And that ice cream sounds so good right now!:)