June 2012

Monday, June 13, 2011

Boston: Day 1

From the evening of May 5th to May 8th Tyson and I were able to go to Boston, MA! My parents watched the kids (thanks, again) and we met up with Jared, and Tyson's parents. Jared is doing an internship there this Summer, so it was a perfect opportunity to check out Boston. It was a first for Tyson and a first in about 7 years for me. It was pretty exciting.

We arrived late on Thursday night and immediately noticed that Boston is significantly chillier than Northern VA. I guess I should have brought pants, but ah well. I did love that the flight was super short! I think it was about an hour and a half. That is a time I can live with, for sure. On to day 1.....

Friday (May 6th) is what I consider day 1. We walked and walked and walked that day - thanks, mostly to me. We walked the Freedom Trail. It ended up being pretty long, but I still enjoyed that we did it. We saw so many things:

The Boston Common
The State House
Park Street Church
Granary Burying Ground
King’s Chapel
King’s Chapel Burying Ground
Benjamin Franklin Statue/Boston Latin School
Old Corner Book Store
Old South Meeting House
Old State House
Site of the Boston Massacre
Faneuil Hall
Paul Revere House
The Old North Church
Copp's Hill Burying Ground
Bunker Hill Monument (We saw that on Saturday)
USS Constitution

We also did a segway tour and saw Boston Harbor. I really want one of those someday...so much fun! After dinner we went to Fenway Park to see a Red Sox game! Sadly, the Sox did not do so well that night, but at least we have been to a game at Fenway and I sang "Sweet Caroline" (as is a tradition) when it was played! After the game, we finally got back in the car and headed to our hotel room. We all slept fabulous!

Oh, big thanks to my sister-in-law Barbara who gave us lots of restaurant/dessert tips! We loved everything that she recommended! Thank you, Barb!



Burying Ground

Checking out all the head stones.


Park Street Church


The State House


Old South Meeting House

Where the Declaration of Independence was first read.

Dowtown Boston

Faneuil Hall (I still can't say it right)

Good 'ol Paul Revere

The Old North Church





Segways!!!

Boston Harbor

Walking to the U.S.S. Constitution, we passed by the Garden.

Forgot the name of the bridge, but it looked awesome!

U.S.S. Constitution

Oldest commissioned warship still afloat

Walking to the game

FENWAY!


The Green Monster


Chilly and tired, but happy :)

1 comment:

kristen said...

looks like you guys had fun! I loved Boston!