June 2012

Friday, February 26, 2010

2 Month Check-up

Eve had her (can you believe it) 2 month check up a few days ago! Everything seems to be normal and fine. She has taken after her older brother - gaining lots of weight even though she eats in less than 10 minutes! It always makes me a bit nervous at the beginning because they eat so fast. Then, however, I begin to see the cheeks and thighs getting bigger, and I know that they are growing just fine.

Eve, like Reed, has gained about 10 ounces a week! That puts her at 11 pounds! She has gained 5 pounds since she was born. Seriously?! What happened to my little 6-pound infant? Nope, she is definitely a baby now. So here are the stats on little (but getting bigger) Eve:

Weight - 11 lbs., 50%
Height - 23 in., 75%
Head - 15 1/8 in. , 50%

Yep, that's right - I have a tall girlie! Yahoo!!!! I hope that she stays that way. My hope is that all of my children will be taller than me. It's not hard to beat, since I am 5 foot 4 inches, but one of my grandma's is slightly under 5 feet, so you never know! We are hoping all of our kids get the tall genes on both sides.

Sort of related, since it is about Eve, is just a random question to the moms out there. Did you have a baby that was SO MUCH SLEEPIER than others? Eve has been so sleepy since birth. I know she has done tons of growing, so that is understandable. But, she always seems to be more sleepy when it is cold outside - ok, colder than normal winter cold. I mean, I know she is fine and is just sleepy, but seriously....she is so sleepy today! Usually, she can make it about 2 hours at a time during the day, but this morning she barely made it 1 1/2 hours and after her morning nap she barely made it an hour before falling into this super deep sleep. Weird.....I know I should not complain, but it is just weird to me. I guess I only have Reed to compare her to. He was up for 2 hours at a time and napped at certain times every day without me trying to keep him awake too many times. Anyways, just wondering.

A lot of people say that Eve looks so much like Reed. I think they look like siblings, for sure, but exactly alike? I don't see it. I guess I see all the differences since I saw both of them as infants. What do you think? Here are some pictures of the little lady :) Enjoy!

Sleeping, of course

All bundled up and ready to go outside with mom and Reed

I think everything in this picture is cute - the blanket (thanks - Great-Aunt Lori), Eve, and the thing she is wearing (I don't know the appropriate name for it - coat? snow suit?) (our neighbors gave it to us - thanks Mike and Peggy!)

This is an Eve look - love the chunky cheeks!

Not her best smile, but here is a small smile

Beautiful baby

Profile - double chin and all

This is her worried face. She seems to look like this when Reed comes around to "play" with her and give her loves. Poor baby....she knows that she probably will get at least a little squished.


There's that tongue.....

5 comments:

shauntelle said...

hi nae, isal has been sleepier as well, going only 1.5 hours between naps most days, and especially around her growth spurts. she is also willing to sleep longer, so if she goes to be early i still have her sleep as long, and she gets that third nap ( at least a little on in the afternoon as well). one day while wanting her to stay awake i gave her a little bath in the morning after about 1 hour of wake time and that helped. at 3 months she is a little less sleepy, but still way more than evyn.

Megan said...

My sleepiest baby was Joey. It was wonderful, but my kids have been getting less and less sleepy with each kid. Hopefully this next one will be a sleeper.

Chris and Mel said...

i say exactly alike! at least super close look alike :)

Bloom Family said...

I do see a lot of similarities between reed and Eve. Especially the profile shot, I can see it a lot. Both kiddos are adorable. :) Sorry not much help here with comparing sleep with babies.

mama donk aubri jo said...

she is so sweet, and i love the coat, so cute! i think she looks like a zobrist, and has her own look for sure. maybe it is just cuz i have all boys, but she likes like a little lady, even in the close up face shots I can tell she is a girl :) so precious!