June 2012

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Date Night

June 16, 2012 was a much-needed date night for Tyson and myself. Tyson planned it out and wouldn't tell me where we were going. He did mention that it was something that neither of us had ever done before. That definitely got me thinking about things we had not done together. We have a long list that includes going hiking at Red Rock and Valley of Fire (we have done those, just not together), miniature golf (did that 9/22/12), fly in a helicopter, go on a hot air balloon ride, go skydiving (I have been, Tyson has not), and many other fun and exciting things. But, this night, I almost got stumped. I kept thinking and thinking and Tyson gave me subtle hints along the way. Finally, it came to me: the Freemont Street Experience. It is a block in downtown Vegas that is covered. There are live bands playing, interesting people doing tricks/shows all along the street, lots of little stores to look in, and, of course, your fair share of scantily clad women. They also do a show above your head about once an hour (in the evening, I believe). The night we went, the theme was rock, promoting the movie "Rock of Ages." We got to see Bon Jovi on the big overhead screen singing "It's My Life." It awesome to see it! 

It was fun to be able to go do something with just Tyson. We don't get to do that too often. We watched a few of the street-side acts and our favorite was watching these guys create art from spray paint. At first, you couldn't figure out what they were doing, but they always ended up making an awesome picture. I think that is true talent - true art from spray paint. Fun, fun! 

Bon Jovi :)

They had a cool ride where you got to zip-line down the street. Way expensive, but it looked awesome!

The show. 

Good-bye Freemont Street Experience! 

No comments: