June 2012

Friday, September 14, 2012

Bridal Shower and Watermelon

The day after coming back from Hawaii (May 21st), Beckie (then- almost sister-in-law, now- new sister-in-law) flew in from Utah for her bridal shower. We spent the day shopping for shoes, eating at BJ's, getting manicures and pedicures, and decorating for the shower. I am sure it was completely overwhelming for her, but hopefully it was fun as well. The shower went well and we all had fun. I remember how things like lingerie were a bit embarrassing for me to open up especially when Tyson's mom was there. But, the awkwardness is all part of the fun. Everything ended up going really well and Beckie stayed flew back to Utah on Tuesday evening (I think). My kids love playing with her: she digs in the sand with them = they love her! So, we were all sad to see her go back to her job and other responsibilities.

The rest of May was spent finalizing things for Jared and Beckie's wedding (June 2, 2012) and Las Vegas open house (June 9, 2012), swimming at Grandma's house, and of course, eating TONS of watermelon. Unlike one of my brothers who does not like watermelon (I know he's a little crazy - how can you not like watermelon?!), my kids love watermelon. Reed showed just how much he loves watermelon on Memorial Day! He finished the entire thing! Eve's game of choice on Memorial day was playing with Grandma's nesting dolls. Despite loving to run with the boys and being pretty much tough as nails (as far as physical pain goes), Eve is still super girlie. She loves dolls, wearing her Cinderella dress (thanks, Tifani!), and pretending to curl her eyelashes like mommy.

Now that is what I call a piece of watermelon!


I am getting worse and worse at taking pictures! I will try to jump back on my picture-taking band wagon. I really do love looking at pictures and remembering the fun stories behind the pictures. Goal: Take more pictures!

No comments: