June 2012

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Butler's Orchard

I cannot believe that Halloween is this month! Where has the time gone? I also can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner. I really do think it's true that time speeds up the older you get. Or maybe it's because you have more things to do. I don't know. Either way I know that we took our yearly trip to Butler's Orchard to get a pumpkin and ride on the slides.

This is the third time the we have gone to Butler's Orchard. I remember the first two times being cold and not wanting to stay very long because I had not prepared for the cold. This time it was not that way. We all had jackets and I was ready for a least a little bit of cold. The day turned out to be sunny and quite warm! I am not complaining, I will take heat over cold any day. But, it was just funny that the day I had prepared for it, the weather was the opposite. Ah well. It was gorgeous, sunny, and of course, windy.

We were supposed to go with Reed's little joy school that we just started, but only one other girl showed up. So, we had a good time together. We started off picking our apples, and then moved on to the slides. Those were an absolute hit with Reed and Gwyn. Reed was even brave and went down the slides all by himself, followed by Eve and me.

Then, Reed decided that it was time for the tractor hay ride. They took us through the woods where there were a bunch of Halloween decorations. The hay ride was by far Reed's favorite part. He loved being pulled by a tractor. Eve loved the hay. So really, it was a hit!

Then, they dropped us off at the pumpkin patch where we could choose two pumpkins. Reed was actually more concerned with getting back on the tractor, so he choose his pumpkin extremely fast. He sort of ran around for a little bit and then we got back in the hay.

All too soon our ride came to an end and it was time for lunch. We had a little picnic on our blanket and then headed home for the rest of the afternoon. A great day at Butler's Orchard!

The Slides - you had to sit on these sacks so that you could slide down. It was awesome!

The hay ride

Gwynne and Heather - our joy school buddies!

Reed and Eve with the pumpkins.

Reed had a hard time leaving the hay ride. He stood there and watched a few come and go. He finally walked away, but started crying because he wanted to go again. Poor buddy!

No comments: