June 2012

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always a fabulous day for me :) I don't have to cook (unless I really want to), I get gifts, and the primary kids sing during Sacrament meeting. Could there be anything better? Maybe, but not by much :)

This Mother's Day was awesome! Tyson brought me some roses on Saturday night. They were gorgeous! Then on Sunday morning, Tyson made me German pancakes (one of my favorite breakfast foods - oh yes, and we substituted all the things that needed to be substituted) and we rushed off to church. The primary kids sang 2 mother songs and a grandmother song (yeah, I didn't even know it existed until a few weeks ago), and I got to lead them in the whole thing. It actually turned out really nice! Good job kids! Sunday night my parents, my brother, and 2 women from Slovenia (random, I know) came to eat at our house. The guys did all the cooking, and it actually turned out really nice!

Reed and Eve had made a little Happy Mother's Day card for me, with a huge help from daddy, of course :) It was just so cute! One of those things to put in a scrapbook for sure. Then, I got three cards representing three different presents. I got a massage (yahoo!!!), a new charm for my charm bracelet - one of the little kid ones with the birthstone in the middle, and a new camera!!!!! I already knew about the new camera because I had kind of set it up, but I was still so excited!

I have only cashed in on one of my gifts thus far - the camera! I have a friend who works at the Sony store and she set me up with a sweet deal. We got a Sony Cyber-shot steadyshot DSC-W330 with 14.1 mega pixels and a 4x optical zoom. It has all these awesome new features and came with a carrying case and a 2 GB memory card. The total price for everything was under $84! Yeah, I am impressed, too! We turned in our old camera for a $14 rebate and got 40% off the new camera because it was a display camera for the Mother's Day promotion. Yeah, I am still really excited about it! Here are some of my favorite features:

* Smile Shutter - you put in how big you want the smile to be and when the person is smiling that big on the smile meter it takes the picture automatically!!!! Sweet, right?! Reed does a great demonstration for us!

* Edit photos right after you take them: You can crop pictures and do an extra red-eye reduction immediately after taking the picture. It saves both versions of the pictures! Reed and Eve have some great demonstrations!



(I also did the smile shutter with Eve...it worked famously!)

* The camera can sense what type of picture it is (landscape, portrait, night, etc.) and automatically switches to that setting. I don't have to push a single button to switch settings, unless I want to.

Me testing out the different settings of the camera. I know and you know that this picture makes you laugh. Therefore, it is on the blog :) Enjoy!

I am still discovering all of the many great and wonderful things about this camera. I have been very pleased! Thanks goes to Reed for breaking the first camera :)

5 comments:

NaveenAli said...

i really love kids.. & expression of mom..
here mom is showing beautiful love for her child..
God Bless You..
flowers to canada

Ryan and Chelsea said...

Hey guys, we found your blog and have been catching up. Congrats on your baby girl!

UK FLOWERS ONLINE said...

oh My Eye!
you have such a cute & lovely kid...
i really love his pics..
its just like flowers..
i am also the part of flowers Website..
do you want to send Philippines flowers??

Jesica david said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well
Flowers - Flower store in uk

sabiha hayat said...

i love this Event..
now you can visit this website to International florists in Canada, we have ushered in revolutionary changes in the flower industry of Canada.
Canada flower shops