June 2012

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tithing Mishap

So, the other week I went to write the tithing check. I asked Tyson how much his paycheck was and then added on my piano money. Easy enough, right? I have been writing the tithing checks since we got married (almost 4 years now...weird). I also am fairly good at math, at least that is what Tyson tells me. Well, this particular day my math was off just a bit.

I wrote the check, had Tyson turn in the check, and thought nothing more of it until a few days later. I got a text message from Tyson asking if I had won the lottery or something. I was a bit confused, said no, and asked why. He then told me the amount of our tithing check. It was HUGE!

I looked at my check stub and sure enough, I had written the check out for 100% of Tyson's pay check instead of the normal 10%. Luckily, we both thought it was funny, albeit I am still a little embarrassed that I did that. I guess I just wanted all of the blessings for the next several months right away instead of waiting for them! Yes, that was my tithing mishap :)

2 comments:

heather said...

no way! We've done that before too. Too funny how sometimes we do silly things.

Elisha Jones said...

That's hilarious! Don't worry, you're not the only one who's made big mistakes on tithing:) Although, 100% is BIG!